• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 10 and canon r5 raws, now exposes properly BUT big problem...

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys the Canon R5 used to underexpose files by about half a stop.  With the latest camera raw and lightroom it has corrected this BUT on files that are already imported to lightroom before the update, they only 'update' to the new raw files when you zoom in 100% in develop module, going back to the library module keeps that look but then switching back to develop module makes it automatically dark again.  Surely a bug, but I've got 3 full weddings that have all been tagged now and am hoping that there is a simple solution to having lightroom see the proper raw file (the brighter one) so I can edit as per normal and have the end export come out as I see it.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reverted back to 9.4 as this problem is a major bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or does anyone think if I delete the preview data file and regenerate, it will do so properly?  Just such a time consuming hassle if this doesn't work and if I revert back then i'd have lost all the previews i've generated already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I have to discard all previews and regenerate 1:1's and smart previews... urgh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting all the preview data and recreating them.  The problem remains.  It appears all we can do now is stay with 9.4 and wait for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just discard the 1:1 and the smart preview data inside lightroom under the library module, then generate new 1:1's on the R5 files. 

I didn't want to delete any preview data etc as if I lose my tags and flags on photos I would be serverly pissed off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works too.  Though you can delete the .lrdata files safely.  All the tags and flags are stored in the catalog file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines