• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 10 Library module shows different exposure than Develop

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with LR10 since I installed it. It's so bad I've spent 2 days looking at alternatives - if you have anyalternatives please advise. The software shows photos 2/3 to 1 stop underexposed in the library module and takes 3-4 seconds to load the proper exposure when seen in Develop module. This is an imac pro that was purchased to surpass the lightroom requirements by 3 at least. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people are experiencing problems with LR 10.0, 10.1, and 10.1.1 on all versions of Mac OS. Adobe has acknowledged these issues, and we can hope that 10.2 will fix them.  LR usually releases every two months, and 10.1 came out on 12/8, so we expected 10.2 the first weeks of February.  Victoria Bampton (lightroomqueen.com) says that Adobe is delaying the release to ensure they've fixed the major issues.

There may be multiple issues going on, so different workarounds have worked for some people:

- Set Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

- If you have a custom color profile assigned to your display from a calibrator or running System Preferences > Displays > Color, set the display profile to Color LCD (for a Retina display), Adobe RGB (for a wide-gamut display), or sRGB (for a traditional display).

- Roll back to 10.0 (easy):

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous-classic/ 

- Roll back to 9.4 (hard if you have an existing catalog, ask for details if you get this desperate).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- First week of February was a month ago!

- I had the geniuses at customer service go through the Graphi processor step 3 times with no help. In addition to telling me to unplug my external hard drive, reinstall LR, reinstall the operating system, etc.

- I can't roll back to 9.4 - i will loose the work I did on 12,000 images.  ALSO - 9.4 doesn't process the cr3 files correctly - they are 1 stop underexposed upon import to lr 9.4 that's why I had to upgrade, regretfully, to LR10

Thanks for the input but 6 hours over a month and a half of chatting with tech support went over all that already. Are there any actual solutions? Like a fix from the engineers at Adobe? Seems it's a fundemental software issue.  I'm not the only one experiencing this I have 4 friends on LR10 with the same issue. That's just the people that share the same frustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this marked as correct answer? This answer doesn't solve the issue. Not evern close. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is well aware of the issues, and there are several bug-report threads about LR 10 issues in Mac OS in the official Adobe feedback forum (where Adobe wants all bug reports):

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Adobe product developers don't participate here (which is primarily a user-to-user forum), but they do actively participate in that forum. They have marked several of those bug reports as "Acknowledged" or "In Progress" and had requested lots of details from users early on. 

Adobe itself rarely gives out information about release dates and specific details about what the releases will contain. I've already given you the best information that's known outside Adobe about 10.2.  Anyone who knows authoritative details is covered by a non-disclosure agreeement and can't say publicly. (I haven't signed the NDA and I don't know the details.)

Any fix from Adobe will be delivered in LR 10.2. I've already provided the known workarounds that have helped a fair number of other users (but certainly not all).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this marked as correct answer? This answer doesn't solve the issue. Not evern close. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't mark the answers correct, but in this forum a "correct answer" doesn't mean an answer that provides a satisfactory fix to a bug, but rather one that provides full, accurate information about an issue, such that future readers of the answer can stop looking for additional information. 

In this case, after several months of feedback from many, many users, there aren't any additional magic-bullet workarounds that likely remain to be discovered, Adobe says they don't need additional information from users about the bugs, and other than the workarounds, the only thing a user can do at this point is wait for 10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines