• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2 download - Mac Book Pro

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Lightroom 2 a number of years ago and used it on my PC. I just purchased a Mac Book Pro and would like to install it there. I have a serial number. How would I do that? Going to adobe.com does not seem to help. Any help is appreciated!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If you purchased the app from Adobe.com or registered your product, you cnan go to your Order history and then download the app and use the serial number you have to install it on the computer. Please have a look at this article for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html#IfyoupurchasedfromAdobecomorregi...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

Suggest you review these instructions in the light of most people with new Macs having the Catalina operating system.

As you're aware, non-Cloud software will not install or run on Catalina so there's no point giving people links to older software which  will not work for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect, what will not run on Catalina is 32 bit software, that includes 32 bit installers as found in older versions of Lightroom.

If the OP really means Lightroom version 2 as in many years ago and long abandoned desktop version, then yes, not going to install

Some additional software will eventually not install if Apple does not have a certificate of interoperability 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which part is incorrect, David?

>>Incorrect, what will not run on Catalina is 32 bit software, that includes 32 bit installers as found in older versions of Lightroom.

Agreed. That was implicit in my previous reply. Perhaps you were responding to my not explicitly mentioning 32 bit but it's still the case that non-Cloud 64 bit apps cannot be installed because they use 32 bit installers.

The only way to run non-Cloud 64 bit apps on Catalina is to upgrade the existing operating system to Catalina with the 64 bit apps already installed so you avoid the need to use the 32 bit installers (which will not run). That does not apply to the OP. Installing won't work due to 32 bit installers.

Adobe themselves state that Lightroom 2 and earlier will not run on Catalina at all.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-cc/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

>> If the OP really means Lightroom version 2 as in many years ago and long abandoned desktop version, then yes, not going to install

Agreed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

non-Cloud software will not install or run on Catalina

Define non-Cloud software. Do you mean software must be downloaded from the internet, that it cannot come from a CD-Rom (mind you, anything that old is likely 32bit). do you mean must be from the Apple Cloud, as in App Store. Define from cloud.

Not a disagreement with 32 bit apps, nor 32 bit installers for 64 bit apps, they will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That comment was to an Adobe employee purely in the context of these Adobe forums meaning Adobe Creative Cloud app versions - prior to the Cloud - which have 32 bit installers. In this case, Lightroom 2.

Perhaps I should have said non-Cloud versions of Lightroom in my previous post but I was trying to cast the net wider since I've seen previous posts from employees along the same lines - how to download 32 bit software to Catalina without making the OP aware that it's a futile exercise.

I think we're in agreement on the main point of this discussion. Lightroom 2 won't install or run on Catalina.  As 99jon says, the OP will have to subscribe to a Cloud plan to get the current version of Lightroom for Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new Mac is most likely to come with the Catalina Operating System pre-installed. Unfortunately older software with 32 bit components won’t run. You will need to think about taking out a subscription for Lightroom Classic 9.1 which has many new features compared with the old Lightroom 2. Or as an alternative you could try the Apple Photos app on your Mac.

A seven day free trial is avaiable for Lightroom Classic

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/get-started.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines