• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2 Import Photos from Device is grayed out on Macbook Pro

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 2 on an older Macbook pro. My problem is that when I insert a card reader with images, the Import photos from Device... is grayed out, not available. I can only copy the photos to the HD and do Import Import photos from disk, that is black and available. How can I fix, what do I need to do to be able to use directly the Import photos from Device?

I use LR6 on my desktop and after inserting the card reader, the option is immediately available to Import Photos from Device, but not on the older LR2 on the Macbook Pro.

Thanks

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you cannot add images to Lightroom 2 as the "Import photos from device" menu in grayed out.

Which camera did you used to capture these images on the memory card? What is the macOS version you're running?

Are you able to import those images directly into Lightroom?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your effort to help! The OS is Mojave. The camera is Nikon D5, it's a professional DSLR. I'm taking the memory card out of the camera and into a card reader. These are JPeg images. The card reader shows up on desktop. Import from disk is available on LR, so if I copy the photos first to the HD of the laptop, I can get them to LR, but not directly via the Import from Device option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there might be a permissions related issue while importing directly via the card reader. Please backup the SD card files and format it once to see if it works. 

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,
thanks for the reply! It did work in the past, just not the last couple of
times. I'm always formatting my cards in my camera after every import and
before another use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old LR 2, so might not relate.

You are looking for a SD card in a card reader, under Devices.

LR, at least now days, sees a SD card attached that way as a hard drive. So look under Files, not Device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines