• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2015.6 Prints Dark And Wrong Colours

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have been using Lightroom 6.5.1 for all my prints and prints fantastic i have the epson ET-2550 printer. i decided to do the update to the latest version 2 days ago to lightroom 2015.6 and now all my prints turn out dark and the wrong colours i tried reseting lightroom and installing and reinstalling everything and it still does the same and when ever i cool back to LR 6.5.1 or 5.7.1 the prints come out fine and looking very good can any one shine a light on what the problem is becsaue i can't afford to keep wasting good paper i will attach a picture of a printed picture of it printing good and the print that looks bad on the same piece of paper thank you so muchIMG_1332.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the CC 2015.6.1 update that went live today.Please update Lightroom to latest version.Refer the link Lightroom CC 2015.6.1 now available

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 142 Replies 142
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew, as I'm already using the latest drivers on both printers I don't need to do this. The drivers are fine. I have pretty conclusive empirical findings to support the hypothesis that the problem is with Photoshop, not Epson drivers - in the sense that even if the use of an older Epson driver may have been contributing to a problem, if when using the very latest Epson drivers the problem is essentially the same, it means this is not the preponderant issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarkDS wrote:

Andrew, as I'm already using the latest drivers on both printers I don't need to do this. The drivers are fine.

I too was running the latest version when I found the bug. I figured I'd follow the Adobe suggestion just to see if it had merit. It didn't on this end. Maybe someone will report it does. But between you, me and the lamppost, I think this a fantasy fix. I'd actually like to be proven wrong so I can eventually get this fixed.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a fantasy, but not a fix. 🙂

Seriously, my mind remains open, but so far I have found their story-line to be thoroughly unconvincing. If they can prove otherwise, fine. Till then I'm not wasting any more time trying to print from defective software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is worth, I'm running a P800.  Have the latest Epson driver installed and running MacOS 10.11.5

Just to check I printed Andrew's test image on Ilford Gallerie Smooth Pear using a custom ICC profile through

1.     LR CC2015.6

2.     LR CC2015.5.1

3.     Affinity Pro 1.4.2

4.     QTR PrintTool

LR 15.5.1, Affinity Pro, and QTR yield identical prints.  LR 2015.6  print comes out undersaturated and banded in the colour continuum.

Can't see how the Epson driver, or the OS can be responsible.  Definitely something amiss in 2015.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha!  Should be Smooth Pearl.   Colours might be off on a smooth pear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering has anyone created a new user and tried printing with LR2015.6 when logged in as the new user. This would eliminate preferences, templates, etc. as a potential cause of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why all of the sudden should that be the case simultaneously for a whole bunch of users? How can preferences and templates cause a colour management screw-up, and especially for numbers of people at the same time? Why put customers to all this trouble when there is a clear case for Adobe to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarkDS wrote:

Why all of the sudden should that be the case simultaneously for a whole bunch of users? How can preferences and templates cause a colour management screw-up, and especially for numbers of people at the same time? Why put customers to all this trouble when there is a clear case for Adobe to resolve this issue?

I agree, but that is a BS argument that Adobe has and will use. Lets just test it so we can fire it back at them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have all the tests what everyone has done still not working. does it look like its a bug within lightroom. and all we are waiting on is for adobe to pull there finger out and fix this annoying problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not only Lightroom - it's also Photoshop. And the problem has been more than annoying - at least in my case, It's costing me time, ink and paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus far, I haven’t found one user who's tried the Adobe suggestion outlined in their URL that found it worked! Case in point:

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=110927.msg919932#msg919932

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found any responses from Apple, Epson, and Canon to Adobe's claim that this is a printer driver issue caused by a change in Apple's API?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe we all need to settle down and wait for after the holiday weekend to start getting serious and credible responses on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carl37 wrote:

Has anyone found any responses from Apple, Epson, and Canon to Adobe's claim that this is a printer driver issue caused by a change in Apple's API?

No response from Apple, Epson, and Canon here but Canon's printer path or pipeline chosen by selecting "Fast Graphic Process" in the iPF drivers, prints correctly.

Obviously Adobe changed something in the latest versions of LR and PS that does not interact correctly with Apple's printer path or pipeline, even though it still works correctly with Canon's pipeline.

What we really don't know at this point is Adobe's claim valid that a change in Apple's API caused this problem or did Adobe not address something correctly, or do printer drivers actually need changed, or is Adobe once again thinking that it is their God given calling to find and expose an Apple bug in this way, as apposed to to other software developers who make there programs work correctly, Apple bug or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that this is a recurring theme at every major Lightroom/Photoshop update. Epson printers (mostly) stop printing correctly and we get months of Epson, Adobe, and Apple blaming each other interspersed by the users getting blamed for not having the correct driver installed until somebody finally fixes it. This has been happening at least since LR 1. I remember so many discussions over the years about this! It is clear that nobody tested this version before release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao vdL wrote:

It seems that this is a recurring theme at every major Lightroom/Photoshop update. Epson printers (mostly) stop printing correctly and we get months of Epson, Adobe, and Apple blaming each other interspersed by the users getting blamed for not having the correct driver installed until somebody finally fixes it. This has been happening at least since LR 1. I remember so many discussions over the years about this! It is clear that nobody tested this version before release.

That was then, this is now. It's reported that the bug affects more than just Epson printers. It's been reported that the 'fix' suggested by Adobe doesn't work for anyone yet.

Can anyone explain how the driver which is said to be buggy, works with every app outside the two products just updated by Adobe using the same OS version? We're supposed to believe a 'hidden' bug which didn't manifest itself does, simply due to an update to two CC apps? Virtually everything Adobe stated in that URL either makes zero sense and doesn't work. And yet we're supposed to believe WE should contact our print vendors and demand they fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add my experience. I am running an old Epson 7600, which was printing just fine until I "upgraded" to the latest versions of Adobe Lr and Ps. Symptom for me was red/magenta colour cast. Work-around has been to "downgrade" to Lr CC 2015.4. Another work around was to let the printer handle colour management.

I dare say this has cost users $millions and a lot of time- class-action suite???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd have to check our license agreements, but I suspect there is no recourse. I don't think any software vendor warranties the merchantability of thier products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems since LR 6.6 with the Canon Pro-1. The prints are extremely dull and have a color cast after magenta look disastrous. My second printer, a Canon PIXMA 9500 Pro MKII delivers identical poor results under LR6. 6 - my workflow has delivered over the years until LR 6.5.1 perfect results!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpful comment as it indicates that the problem is most likely not an Epson driver update issue, but more generically to do with application colour management on Mac OSX. IT should help Adobe staff to start focusing on where the real issues may be so they can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use MacOS 10.11.5 - the Canon printer driver V 13.7.1.0 - 2 calibrated monitors with Spyder 4 Pro and ICC profiles for different Hahnemühle and Sihl papers . Since LR 6.6 true color prints are despite correctly embedded ICC profiles , so has this to work as perfectly for years , is no longer possible , and has quite a bit taken me until now to paper and ink ! My two printers deliver since LR 6.6 same poor results !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be the issue. LR 2015.6 and the latest version of PS are actually written for the changes in OS X Sierra?

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=111191.0

Anyone running the beta of OS X Sierra and finding that printing from the latest LR and PS is correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't surprise me at all given the non disclosure culture at both Apple and Adobe.  I finally have a stable and working printing environment after returning to LR 2015.5.1 and I'm not leaving that for another flaky OS beta.  Would be nice if they tell us when the printing bug is fixed and then release an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One step at a time - I would imagine a logical sequence of events to look something as follows: first they need to truly determine whether the root cause of the problem is with LR and PS, and second if yes, admit it at least to themselves; then third, they need to work out what needs to be repaired, repair it, then subject it to QC/QA to make sure it is fixed, then issue the update. If the problem is not with LR and PS but obviously affects their usability, they should be negotiating with the responsible developers what needs to be fixed at the level of those developers so that LR and PS could once again become workable. It would be nice if the customers were kept informed to the extent feasible through this process about what is going on and roughly how long we can expect these applications to remain unusable. It would be helpful for work planning.

What i really liked about LR up to before this release is that one could print excellently from the raw file due to its temporary conversion on the fly. It was convenient, the print layout functions are good and the process saved a lot of disk space. Now I find myself needing to think about whether to download and try Capture One, or render my LR processed files into TIFFs for printing through the penultimate version of Photoshop; I'm not keen about these options and would prefer to wait a bit before engaging either of them, but if we go on hearing nothing for long, I'll need to focus more diligently on the alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem with Lightroom 2015.6 on my Windows 10 PCs.

On one PC the prints come out way too light, and on the other PC the print preview does not pop up and the prints come out very small and too light. The prints are not just too light, but the colours are also wrong.

If I print from Photoshop there is no problem, from either PC.

I have a HP z2100, and printing is my business. This is a real problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines