• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHTROOM 3 IMPORTING WONKILY

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently shot a concert...3 acts...after importing from cards to computer...i separated each act into its own folder.

Now when i go to import i get ALL the acts into the Import Dialogue windows...

I moved 1 act to another drive...remove it frpm lightroom...but LR still insists on importing all 3 acts.

This has never happened before.

What is causing this.

Thanks in Advance

(Moved from the Com Help forum to the LR Classic forum by Mod JSM)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "After Importing from the card to the computer"?

Do you mean After COPYING image files from the card to the computer hard drive?

Did you then take the card out of the card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not copy images from card to computer...they are MOVED...the card is empty and removed from reader, formatted in camera.

Then i separate each act into its own folder.

When i went to import the main act...all the images from all 3 acts showed up in the import dialogue window...

I cancelled the import...made a new folder and moved the images from original folder to a new folder...deleted the original folder...deleted the folder in LR pertaining to the act.

Then started the import again...exactly the same results....

So i moved the acts folder to a new had drive...cleaned everything from LR again and started the import from the new hard drive... ... Same freaking results....so cancelled it cleaned it from LR.

Imported a opening act and that went perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then in the Import dialog window there is an option to Included Subfolders. Is that checked?

If it is un-check it.

If it isn't checked then I have no idea how images that are in 3 completely different folders could show up for importing unless you had Selected all 3 of those folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read your post a couple of times and its not clear what the problem is... are you saying that you are not seeing the three  folders that you made when you import? If thats the case - go to add folder in the library module and add folder. Then Import and you should see the folder(s) in the destination panel. A side-note... it may be easier to import all and create folders after you import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the problem at all...

See reply to the above comment.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His probelm is he has place different images into 3 different folders and it seems that when the import dialog window is opened ALL of the images from the 3 completely different folders are showing up for import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Lightroom 3 (cloud based), or the roughly 8-10 year old Lightroom 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non cloud based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not copy images from card to computer...they are MOVED...the card is empty and removed from reader, formatted in camera.
Then i separate each act into its own folder.
When i went to import the main act...all the images from all 3 acts showed up in the import dialogue window...

So, missing something, or misreading something, but all that makes no sense. So, step by step, I assume you will be able to shout back NO, and correct my ignorance. Some assumptions as well.

1. You put the SD card in the reader

2. You use your operating systems file manager to move the photos to a folder in a hard drive.

3. You remove the card from the card reader

4.  You format the SD card in camera

5. In your computer, you reorganize the images into different folders or sub folders.

6. You bring up a Lightroom Classic, and enter Import

7. Assumption that you select ADD

8. Ahh, maybe understand a bit. So in the Lightroom Import dialog, all the photos in the more than one folder are showing up to be imported?

If in the Import dialog, you select to include subfolders, this would be expected.

Screenshots would help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i do not select add or copy...simple import.

Then go to hdd that has my folder to be imported...i was clicking on 1 folder...not ALL...just 1 folder...(this has been my process for years)...but it was showing all the images that were shot that night...not just the acts folder i clicked on...and no the other 2 folders were not highlighted.

I did not see this before firing up LR this morning...

Everything is back to normal...clicked on the headliners folder and perfecto...only their images in the dialogue window...

All is good now.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your above post, the first sentence, doesn't make much sense. In the import dialog you have to select one of the options, Copy as DNG, Copy, Move or Add. You can't import anything without one of those being selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well went in fired up LR imported the folder...no problems to day...So this is a fixed post...no idea why it was wonky or why it straightened up...

Thanks for all the replys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in doubt - close apps and restart computer! Thanks for updating your post to close this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines