• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3 no longer recognizing and converting nef files

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old version of Lightroom 3 which always worked just fine.  I recently had to upgrade to Windows 10 and now my Lightroom does not recogize, import or convert to DNG those files.  Does anyone have a work around or ideas as to how I can fix this issue.  I tried to download the free Adobe DNG converter, but that link is not working for some reason.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any change in camera?

What camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, same camera - a Nikon D800.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Please_Post_Your_Sys_Info_as_LrC_reports_it.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "old version of Lightroom 3" does not support raw files from the D800. ! SUPPORTED CAMERAS 

You would need at a minimum the 'old' version 4.1 (2012).  10 Years of Lightroom | The Lightroom Queen 

Unless you subscribe to v10 Lr-Classic, the Converter is your only option!

The download link to the DNG Converter is working for me- try again.

DNG LEGACY SUPPORT

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

"Old" Lr3 will never "convert" files to DNG- the Converter does that BEFORE you Import the DNGs to the Catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines