Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3 release date

Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well are we getting close to the actual release date.

Anyone heard anything

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple more clues by Adobe as posted today on DPR website. CS5 will ship within 30 days of today; and according to product manager, O'Neil Hughes, the ACR v.6.0 uses same processing engine as the latest Lr 3 Beta. As an aside, seems will also have a lens correction feature using lens profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the info I read in the anouncement the lens correction function is within PS CS5 not a new function of ACR 6.0. So I am not sure you will see it in LR 3.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, so we may not even be close...like weeks close... it could be months?

That sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything secret, didn't sign anything, and am not an Adobe insider.  But, having run a software company for >20 years, I'd guess that it'll be several more months at least.  The most recent public beta was released in late March.  Figure at least 1-2 months to gather user input (otherwise, why do the public beta?) another 1-2 months to make final changes based on that input, then release to QA and packaging who will need it for 2-6 weeks (not sure about Adobe's processes).  Add it all up, I wouldn't expect a final release before July, and September wouldn't shock me.  I'd love to have them beat that prediction, but I'd rather have the production release be solid than have it be sooner.

Of course, if they release another public beta, push all that back a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

---Quote---

I'd love to have them beat that prediction, but I'd rather have the production release be solid than have it be sooner.

---End Quote---

I'll second that!  I'd rather wait than have a buggy version.  (Are you listening Microsoft?)

G. King

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got email from NAPP today to preorder Scott's LR3 Book.  So must be getting close

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it say when the book will be published?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it did not say when the book would be out.  I am assuming not until after the

Release of LR3 to make sure all updates are covered.

But you are not charged until it ships

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom 3 beta 2

expire on  30 june i think lightroom 3 full release befor the 30 june

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... Release date must be coming closer because Jeff Schewe is again hangin in here.

I have learned two things about Adobe:

1) It's useless to criticize Adobe announcement policy and communication, because it won't change. And it actually is not that bad (maybe not good either). And as said, Adobe isn't the worse in that situation. If Adobe is like "nation's nuclear strike "football"", then Apple definedly is like KGB.

2) It's better to hope that Adobe postpones their internally decided release date by atleast a month and consentrates on bug fixes. Lightroom 2.0 was IMO bad release. And there was too much bad bugs in 2.* releases. Was it one or even two point releases that were pulled back because bugs? And keyword corruption in conversion from 1.* to 2.0. I'd rather take better 3.0 later than rushed realease as fast as possible.

Anyway LR team: Take your time and good summer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I agree, take your time & get it right...if anyone needs it so badly they must not be doing something right...go out and take photographs for a change...when you are Ansel Adams come back & bitch...and NAPP is going to take your money as quickly as you want to give it to them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

genphotosaz wrote:

Well are we getting close to the actual release date.

Anyone heard anything

Might be a good time for an update on this, as it could be just around the  corner now...

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-3-release-date-looking-soon.html

Possibly within a matter of weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, "ProDesignTools", here's an idea for you - why not make posts that don't plug your web site?

Of 100+ posts you've made in various Adobe forums since registering 2 months ago, I can't find a single one that fails to plug your site. Wow, it must be a great site! OK, working out LR's release date from the beta expiry date  may not qualify as "hold the front page!!!" material, and then it's a bit tough to fight past all those ways to buy Adobe products via you of course, all those exe and dmg files of all Adobe's products that you're hosting, or past all those pages of content built by parsing RSS feeds or movies from Adobe. Maybe I missed something though and there is something original there. But you know, if it's that great a site, don't you think people would find it without your needing to plug it so relentlessly?

Cordially

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I'm sorry you feel that way.  In fact, there are two posts above in this very thread that don't "plug" anything, if you just scroll up a little...  We're trying to fill a need here with the site and if you don't agree that's certainly your prerogative.  But I can assure you there are many, many, many other folks who have been grateful for the help, downloads, answers, videos, savings, insights, and other assistance that we've been providing, and their comments on the blog speak for themselves.

Further, if you ask longtime Forum leaders like Bill Hunt and others about how helpful we've been here over the past three months, you'll get a very different and much more positive reaction... (e.g., here and here and here)  And last week Adobe's VP of Engineering for the Creative Suite sent a surprise personal note, "I appreciate all you are doing to improve the experience for CS5 customers."  Adobe is a big company and sometimes they cannot easily move with the speed and nimbleness of a smaller site to address and answer emerging customer service needs and questions.

If there's one issue, it's that it takes a lot of time and research to put together our content and it's far easier to refer interested readers to our site, than to carefully recreate a new and complete article local to Adobe Forums that duplicates the content.  I can understand how that might seem like an issue - so once again, my apologies if you're unhappy.  Fortunately, it seems there are many others who have benefited.

Be well and have a good weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do disagree as I see the first of those earlier posts as another thinly-disguised attempt to divert traffic to your site. You are right, there isn't a link in your follow-up post - well done! But looking at your other recent posts, that's quite an exception, isn't it? And take the latest post on LR3's likely release date - it's obviously a case of looking for places where you could post your link. I wonder how many other forums you posted it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, the continued snarkiness maybe isn't so attractive, and perhaps this dialogue is less than interesting or relevant for the good folks here...  I see no point in retreading what I just said so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree - but please know that in over one year of running our site, your missive is the very first of its kind and is vastly outnumbered by scores of positive comments and feedback.  If I took an hour I could put together pages of it, but I think people here would rather see this conversation wrap up.

What's interesting is that earlier on up in this thread there was another odd exchange between posters - maybe there's something in the bits here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, isn't that so "holier than thou"? Somehow I don't think the "great folks here" are quite so naive....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2010 May 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ProDesignTools

You pretend you satisfy a need with mentioning your website even when there is no connection to the discussion.

All gutter press pretend that they "satisfy the need to know" of the public of anything in the private life of almost anybody.

Also stalkers use to say that they satisfy the need to be loved and admired of the stalked persons.

Still, in civilised countries stalkers and intruders of the private sphere go to jail.

Dear ProDesignTools, I can assure you, you don't satisfy any need, you want to make money. Drop your pretence.

This is not the place to do advertising.

If many people have not protested yet against your rude self-promoting, this does not mean at all that they love it. This is again a gutter press argument.

Regards

Mõmmibeebi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys

Any chance you might spare us the spectacle of your quarrell and allow us all to go back to using this forum for the intention it was designed, please? If you really need to argue, can you do it in private from now on?

Back to the thread itself - if anyone actually does hear of the release date, I'd like to know about it.

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Stephen -

You beat me to the punch.

Let's all keep our posts professional and to the topic, please.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember this is intended as a user-to-user forum, and I hope it will stay that way and not be misused.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2010 May 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will throw one more issue into the discussion of the LR V3 release date --

I want to upgrade to Photoshop CS 5 and to LR V3 and I will do so when LR V3 is available.

In prior releases Adobe provided a discount (see below) for the upgrade of both Photoshop and LR if done together.

If Adobe prices a bundle together again, I would be foolish to upgrade Photoshop prior to knowing what the bundle discount might be.

Now that my free trial to CS5 is past the 30 days, I want to upgrade but won't because the upgrade may be less expensive if I wait for LR V3 and upgrade as a bundle.

Adobe, I hope is aware of the issue that many customers are both Photoshop and Lightroom users and will want to upgrade at the same time.

Bob Rickert

Current Adobe bundle pricing (from Adobe web site) --

Get 30% off Lightroom 2 when purchased with Photoshop CS5 software.

Purchase a full or upgrade version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 along with a full or upgrade version of Photoshop CS5 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really so naïve to think that what you, as an individual, will or will not do as far as purchasing Adobe products will affect Adobe's marketing strategy?  They know what works.  And when they are ready to offer Lightroom they will do so.  And all your cajoling isn't going to "force their hand".  So just sit back and wait and see.  In reality, it's your only choice anyway.  I hope someone freezes this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your constructive input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines