Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3 transfer of licence / registration

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have posted a similar post to this already (regarding transfer of ownership of LR3) and received a private message from a Maria Bronner at Adobe telling me to email Customer Services at an address she provided, but despite following her advice to email Customer Services Ive heard nothing back. 

Please can somebody possibly bump this back to Customer Services as I cannot seem to get a response from them regarding this issue.

Many thanks

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps not the answer you want to get but transferring a license for Lightroom 3 is the least of the problems that will be encountered with trying to sell, buy or use this version. You would be selling something that is not usable nor supportable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you say it's not usable, what do you mean?

Is it no longer possible to install at all? Would one be able to use the serial number and complete installation?

Or once installed on a suitably old OS, is there some technical reason why it wouldn't work assuming also with suitably old version cameras? Eg i used to use it with a Leica M9 dng format files. 

Many thanks for any additional info you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i guess it was about 30% of an answer.

But im fast learning that that's about as much as one can expect in the Adobe Commnity Forums. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to answer your question in a way that will be satisfactory. Lightroom 3 will only work on a computer that is running an 11 year old operating system. Adobe staff is trained on current - 1 version. There is no support for Lightroom 3 - are you planning on sharing that in the description when you sell it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it does still work, though maybe not on the latest  OS'es 👍

Some people do still run old OS'es working for exactly this purpose. I currently have three macs, one on Mojave, one on High Sierra and one on Snow Leopard for various different reasons. 

But anyway, in the end the eBay buyer got my software, installed it successfully and then demanded a refund as he couldnt find a way to register it into his Adobe account.

It turned out the only reason he bought it was to register it and then try to use it as a discount pathway to a more recent product. 

So ive basically ended up out of pocket paying for the shipping both ways while also probably providing him with a free copy of my LR3 plus serial number and it now appears Ive also probably given the serial number to scammers here in the Adobe forums.

Overall Id say its not been a very successful experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should respond to the message from Maria Bonner and explain that you get no response from customer service.

It seems from your other thread that this is LR3 for Mac, and the latest Mac OS version it will work with is Snow Leopard, version 10.6. (I'm not a Mac user, but that's what I found on Google)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Per

I did respond to Maria Bronner directly via private message and also to the email address she gave me. In fact ive sent multiple messages. To date still no response from either. 

Very strange that a representative of Adobe should actively reach out and then completely ghost me. Very strange indeed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's entirely possible that you were contacted by a scammer posing as an Adobe employee. That has been known to happen via Private Message.

Which Adobe email address were you advised to contact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3 did not use an activation system and could be installed on more than one system using the same serial number. The license states the owner can load it onto two systems as long as both aren't being used at the same time. Bascially, it was licensing based on owner "honesty." As far as registration I believe that was only to record your products along with their serial numbers so you could retrive them if lost. Other than that it serves no purpose and is not transferrable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true although this query refers to transfer of license to a new owner rather than activation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear. This experience has just gone from bad to infinitely worse! 

In hindsight i now realise that i have indeed most likely been scammed, and i even provided my serial number for checking!

I thought the email address was slightly odd (**scam email address**) , but I rationalised it because the private message itself appeared to come from what i assumed was a closed Adobe support system (as opposed to community responses which i assumed came from the public); the private message itself therefore appeared to be kosher and I assumed this was a private/hidden support email adddress to help people in certain circumstances. Also because Adobe make it SO DARNED DIFFICULT to get support and instead direct owners of old software to Forums only, ie no phone, chat or email suppport and i was simply having no other luck getting through or had any other options. Now i realise my stupidity.

🙈

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

email address was AdobeCustomer twenty four seven at outlook dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not an Adobe email address. Genuine Adobe emails come from an adobe.com domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I am an idiot. 
Doesn't make me feel any better about Adobe support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines