• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.5 Edit in Photoshop CC 2014 not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating CC and lightroom today I can no longer Edit in CC 2014.  I've deleted the LR preferences file restarted LR but it still doesn't open the image in CC 2014 although it does start CC 2014.  If I do Edit In>Open as a Smart Object in CC 2014 it opens OK.  Tried searching for the problem on Adobe site but not found anything.  Any help gratefully received

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

It's a pain but I uninstalled PS CC 2014 and killed all preferences and presets and then reinstalled. now it work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem ... this is basic functionality. I wonder if Adobe does QA before new versions are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR 5.5 Edit In to PS CC 2014/ACR 8.5 works as expected so it's not like PS doesn't have this functionality or that there aren't multiple QA tasks to verity that it works, but more like there are some environments that PS is installed to that don't work quite right.

I did, however, have the problem where LR 5.5 wouldn't start up, properly, and had to download the standalone version to fix it, so my computer's configuration is not immune to issues with Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both for Macs and PCs, I've seen people fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling PS CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an Adobe support guy fix the problem remotely in the morning (deleting the preferences file, and reinstalling  Lightroom 5.7). In the evening the same problem. Cannot open edit in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pain but I uninstalled PS CC 2014 and killed all preferences and presets and then reinstalled. now it work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for the replies.  Uninstalling Photoshop CC 2014 including preferences then reinstalling solved the problem.  What a PITA but at least it now works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop CC 2014. The preferences stay as they are.

After the reinstallation everything worked just fine.

Martin

Mac 10.9.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am faced with the exact same problem after the CC 2014 updates (I'm on a MAC OS X 10.9.4). I even cannot use the merge to Photoshop HDR Pro. The only command that works in Lightroom is "Edit in > Open as a smart object in Photoshop" but after editing the file in Photoshop and saving, an error appears and the file is gone from Lightroom. It is saved to the disk, thought, but it needs to be Regards-imported into Lightroom. This is catastrophic for me. I work for a living with the two Apps and I'm stuck for over a week in non working options and error messages. Adobe, please!

The error message when saving the "Smart Object" in Photoshop and trying to revert to Lightroom 5.5 is:

Error 2: photoshop is undefined.

-------------------------

Line: 1

->  photoshop.notifyLightroomDocSaved ('lightroom-2.0', '6B2BB654-A073-4CCC-9ED9-0B430E3285F0', 'PHOTOS:My Pictures:2012-04-15 BPC Malange-Calandula:_KDL8555_2012.04.15_20120415_172052_57840-KLE.psd');
-------------------------

Any help is welcome!

Thank you.
Kostadin

Screen_Shot 2014-07-02 at 0.32.42.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved.
The solution: uninstall Photoshop CC 2014 + remove preferences + remove any plugins remaining from PS CC. Reinstall.

Good luck to all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had to uninstall PS2014 to get the Edit In to work. I wonder if, while upgrading, upgrading LR first, THEN PS would have prevented this all? If so, this should be documented somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as above even the same error while using smart object, I did try a live chat but was told this was too technical an issue and I would need to send in any error codes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution worked for me as well; it's an unfortunate first experience with Lightroom after having to migrate from Apple Aperture. It's ironic that Apple Aperture seems to work more seamlessly with Adobe Photoshop than Adobe Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I'm a member of this club, but accidentally found something interesting. I don't have this issue if the file is a JPEG, AND if I select "Edit Original" or "Edit Copy" is picked, if that box pops up. Selecting "Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments" brings on the same issue, None of my Canon (CR2) raw files will open.

Windows 8.1, Lightroom 5.5, Photoshop CC 2014, ACR 8.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF this is really annoying, why can't Adobe get it right this is the third time I am having to uninstall and re install PS, give me a break doesn't Adobe do any QA?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! Uninstalling and reinstalling by removing all preferences is NOT a solution!! Adobe is worse than Apple - do what they say or take a hike - forget about the customers! I work all over the country and internet access is not a luxury I have all over. How must I uninstall and reinstall CC over a 512kbps internet connection??? Get things right FIRST time Adobe!! I pay just as much as the guy with a 100mbps connection, not out of choice but because Adobe set the standards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO NEED to reinstall anything.

Just follow the instructions in the Lightroom Help document "Edit In doesn't work in Lightroom 5.5 from Photoshop CC 2014" (which has been on the Lightroom FAQ page for a week now, though people don't seen to bother reading it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave. The downside of forums is that all information is scattered all over the place and if your search isn't specific enough you don't always get the correct answers. I did not search for "Edit in". Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this solution didn't work either.... The 2nd solution on this page is basically also a re-install. So... THERE IS a need to reinstall!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An in-place repair is different to uninstalling and reinstalling; it will only replace the missing or corrupted entries (which in this case are a handful of small files).

When you say the first option didn't work - can you provide more details; operating system, if there were any error messages, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand it only replaces missing or corrupted files, but over a 512kbps internet connection this is as impossible as a re-install.

With the first option there is no error messages or any indication that it is actually trying to do something. I am also wondering if the instructions are correct for Windows 32 and 64-bit, shouldn't the 2 paths be swopped around? 32-bit = (x86) and 64-bit just Program Files?

I am running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, and I have copied the files into the relevant folders. The confusing part is that there is a "Startup Scripts CC 2014" in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe folder and a "Startup Scripts CC" folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe - But doesn't matter if I paste the script in any of these 2 folders, nothing happens when I restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave - Option 2 from your "solution" doesn't work either! There is no option for Photoshop CC 2014 in Previous versions, only plain old Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hhelmbold wrote:

Dave - Option 2 from your "solution" doesn't work either! There is no option for Photoshop CC 2014 in Previous versions, only plain old Photoshop!

You have to roll out the menu on the "Install" button to see it:

27-07-2014 00-34-23.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the first option explained in the Lightroom KB worked for me! However, I am on a Mac (OSX 10.9.4).  Had the same problem as mentioned in this thread and searched for possible solutions for hours, until I saw D. Merchant's reply.

On a Mac there are two libraries. It is important to know that the 'Startup Scripts CC' folder and the downloaded files are in the system library and NOT in the user library.

After putting the files in the correct place it worked fine, without any reinstalling. Took me two minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually neither one of those options worked for me.  I had to uninstall then reinstall CC2014 I kept my preferences so it wasn't a big loss other than in time.  The key is not to update PS before updating LR.  You'd think that Adobe would have tested for that or if they know somehow let the users know that there is a proper order in which to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines