• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.5 Edit in Photoshop CC 2014 not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating CC and lightroom today I can no longer Edit in CC 2014.  I've deleted the LR preferences file restarted LR but it still doesn't open the image in CC 2014 although it does start CC 2014.  If I do Edit In>Open as a Smart Object in CC 2014 it opens OK.  Tried searching for the problem on Adobe site but not found anything.  Any help gratefully received

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

It's a pain but I uninstalled PS CC 2014 and killed all preferences and presets and then reinstalled. now it work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's not working for me either - this is the most ridiculous thing!  And I'm paying Adobe how much every month for this misery? I will try what you suggested, which I think is uninstall both Ps and Lr, then reload Lr first, then Ps after that?  Of ALL THE THINGS they can't get right!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just work fine for mr thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a champ Dave, thanks for pointing it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working bro.

The problem is with 2014.2.0 also.

Very Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i sad in the photoshop thrad,

been using 150% for some time in windows 8 and that´s the sweet spot. Adobe plz add 150 % scaling in your products.

back to the thread, that problem was solved after reinstall photoshop. After that no problm with "edit in......."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem after updating to the latest October update of Photoshop CC 2014.

Oddly, if I try three times it sometimes ends up working!

I don't really want to uninstall/reinstall - but that link above seems to have changed and now simply advises updating to the 2014.1 update.

From how people are talking, I presume before it had different (and multiple) solutions, but they appear to have revised it.

But now it's redundant for anyone still experiencing the issue past that update.

Also, reinstalling has been marked as the correct solution on this thread.

Is anyone else still experiencing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable all the Default Plugins of Lightroom. It worked for me after going through the same ordeal of reinstalling both the softwares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. I found that rather than uninstalling and reinstalling the software, merely updating the PS Camera Raw update worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for all your help. The issue turned out to be that my hard drive was windows format (I only work from external hard drive) and needed to buy another one to copy all information over to.

Cheers!

Beck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just starting having this issue out of the blue last week. Nothing I try seems to fix it. So far I've done the following:

• Reinstalled Photoshop CC and Lightroom (latest version) and making sure PS was installed first.
  • Reinstalled the previous version of PS and LR, in the same order as above.
  • Reformatted my entire computer and reinstalled the OS (OS X Yosemite).
  • Reformatted again and installed the previous OS (OS X Mavericks).
  • Done all of the steps above on a completely different machine as well, still nothing works.

Nothing has worked for me. I am going insane trying to fix it, this kills my productivity. My only workaround is to have an older version of Photoshop installed and have the newest version of Lightroom installed so when I open a RAW, it tells me that Camera Raw needs to be updated and I can 'Render Using Lightroom'. This just makes PSD's before opening them in Photoshop but to me this is such a pain because I do a lot of stitches and I am left with a bunch of PSD's I don't need.

Has everyone who has had this problem been able to fix it? It seems very strange to me that this would happen on two entirely different computers and have the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did an update on Photoshop lately? It could be a bug on Adobe's side.

I am waiting for a a long time for a call from Adobe support on the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest versions, all fresh copies after a total reformat of my hard drive. I've installed the past 3 versions of Photoshop and none of them work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still haven't found a fix for this. I've installed every previous version of PS and LR that I can and still no dice.

Anyone from Adobe seeing this? This is a huge break in functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a real solution to this yet?

I’m back to teaching a photography course in a week’s time and am forced to use CC as that’s what the students will be using. I had hoped to have Photoshop 2014 and Lightroom 5.71 running on my laptop for use during my lectures. Having now  gone through waaaaay too much trouble I'm am still unable to get images in LR to open/edit in PS. I previously had CS6 and Lightroom 5.71 running perfectly on the same laptop.

I tried re-installing only PS 2014.2.2 (seems it has to re-download the installation files every time that’s done.. grrr). That did NOT work. Tried re-installing just LR and then again just PS ... and all failed.

Then, to insure that any old PS files were not interfering with the CC version, I uninstalled every Adobe app on the computer including Reader, Air, Flash, Shockwave, etc..  and deleted every Adobe folder, including hidden ones in user folders, common folders, etc.. and then emptied all temp folders.

After doing a fresh install (with User security disabled to be sure it was not a administrator permissions issue) the same problems persist.

Here are a few other issues that repeated:

Photoshop complained as startup that it “Could not complete the command because Photoshop was unable to find the JavaScript plug-in.” I found that by disabling “Load Extension Panels” in Preferences -> Plug-Ins that problem stopped. But if I then click on “Manage Extensions..” In the Help menu the same error window pops up.

Installing LR consistency results in the "Unable to start correctly - 0Xc00007b" error and downloading and installing the missing DLL’s fixed that:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00007b.html

Note that the same error occurs when I installed Dreamweaver CC and have same DLL solution fixed that. I have not yet re-installed DW to see if the issue repeats.

Lightroom’s editing in PS feature remains broken. It works intermittently with JPGs but fails with any RAW format file. I will Edit the original JPG but not edit with LR settings applied. All these tasks worked fine with the same version of LR and Photoshop CS6.

At this point I’ll wait to see if a fix is forthcoming either here or elsewhere on the Web, or if Adobe releases an update that fixes it.

I’m just praying the half the students in the class will not be facing these same issues as we’ll be wasting time valuable class time trying to fix this buggy piece of #*&^@. Are all users now considered beta testers?

Here are the laptop specs if that’s of interest:

Lenovo x131e / Intel i3, 16G RAM, Windows 8.1 - 64bit

Using only the built-in Defender AntiVirus.

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled PS 20142.2 and installed the previous CS6 version (displayed Previous Versions in the Cloud Desktop App). It works properly with Lightroom 5.7.1 64-bit. Seems to a step in a good direction. Next step is to try with Photoshop CC (not 2014.2.2) and see if that works too.

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed PS14 (CC) and everything works fine with that version too.

Here's a summary of what's working and what's not:

Photoshop:

Photoshop 15 (CC2014): Using GPU acceleration in Prefs->Performance crashes PS

Photoshop 14 (CC): Using GPU acceleration in Prefs->Performance works fine

Photoshop 13 (CS6): Using GPU acceleration in Prefs->Performance works fine

Photoshop 15 (CC2014): Enabling Load Extensions in Prefs produces a missing JavaScript error

Photoshop 14 (CC): Enabling Load Extensions in Prefs works fine

Photoshop 13 (CS6): Enabling Extensions produces works fine

Lightroom Edit with Photoshop:

Photoshop 15 (CC2014): Does not work.

Photoshop 14 (CC): Works fine

Photoshop 13 (CS6): Works fine

I'm tempted to now re-install Photoshop 15 (CC2014) to see if it works properly if Photoshop 14 (CC) is previously installed. Perhaps some missing CC2014 files remain installed from Photoshop 14 (CC) and that's why it works fine for some and not for others ... The difference being those who try to install only Photoshop 15 (CC2014) vs those who install CC2014 as an upgrade to the previous CC version.

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thorough testing Rusell.

I am going to attempt to install Photoshop 13 (CS6) and see if that works nicely with the latest version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac using LR5 an Photoshop CS5. Both are totally up to date. Tried that route first, no help at all. Just for the heck of it--who doesn't have an hour to  burn?--I uninstalled and reinstalled CS5. No help either.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Edit in Photoshop doesn't work for me. Likewise, Automate>Photomerge in PS doesn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everyone who's having this problem on a Mac?  This works fine for me on my PC but having the same issue on my new MacBook.  I've uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop and it didn't fix the problem.  What I have found that works most times is restarting the computer.  This usually allows the "open in Photoshop" feature to work for a bit but then it stops working again.  Wondering if that's helpful to anyone.

Seems like this would be an easy thing for Adobe to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac and having this problem.

I installed every version of Photoshop that I could, still no dice. I've gone as far as reformatting my entire hard drive multiple times and installed 3 previous versions of OS X as well. I am completely baffled. What's more odd is that I have the same problem on my home iMac and Macbook Pro, but my three work computers (Mac Pro, iMac, Macbook Pro) all are functioning as they should with the latest CC updates. The only difference is that they have had CC installed for some months now and I just installed CC on my home computers.

Very strange stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a complete restart (of the whole computer) edit in Photoshop worked on one image. The next image I tried to edit in Photoshop was a no-no.

Relaunching Photoshop without restarting the entire computer does nothing.

Seems Adobe has figured out what causes this for folks using the CS subscription. They issued an update. Wish they'd issue that same update to the ones of us who haven't gone subscription yet. Surely they don't want it to look like they're strong-arming us into buying in before we're ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean they've issued an update for those with a CS subscription? I have the CC Photography subscription and it's still broken for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michele stapleton wrote:

See this thread  Lightroom 5.5 Edit in Photoshop CC 2014 not working

That's this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe LR edit is not working its been down all day anyone know when it will be back up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines