• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1 keeps crashing on import Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use lightroom Classic v5.7.1 on windows 10 every time i try to import photos into the program it keeps crashing.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcus,

Sorry to hear about Lightroom 5.7.1 crashing when you're trying to import images, could you please let us know where are you importing the images from local driver or external drive?

Also, could you try unplugging every external device from the computer and then try importing the images into Lightroom?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 

i try to import from the computers hard drive (from the Pictures folfer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.7.1 is not Lightroom Classic. It is a very old and unsupported version of Lightroom that is no longer even available from Adobe. Since that is the case, about the only thing I would suggest is that you delete the preferences file so that Lightroom can create a new one and see if that fixes the problem. There is no support available from Adobe, so the only source of help you have is to come to these forums. I haven't used that version of Lightroom in ages myself.

The other thing you could look into is to ensure that you have both read and write permissions on the folders you are trying to import images to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same thing happen, but with 9.1... I find it ridiculous that you should have to unplug every USB out of your computer just to import photos. Not only does lightroom 9.1 crash on import. Getting the progam to load takes forever and the creative cloud desktop does NOT load for me. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, using older versions of the program, manually deleting the preference file. It is not worth the headache and saw someone mentioned Capture One Pro. So I am making the switch. Cheers to everyone else looking up how to fix Lightroom from crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bud
Yes it is very frustrating but thanks for taking the time to reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you get squared away?
I found similar recently, and it turns out it was due to having a couple of portable drives installed, but not accessible. Once I disconnected them, all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ JLsylent.

It best you create your own thread, first, the heading of the thread refers to LR 5.7.1 your issue is with Lightroom Classic 9.1 so there are 4 major upgrades between them. Secondly, the new versions of Lightroom are managed using Adobe Creative Cloud application and you will need that to be fixed before you can solve your problem. There was a major upgrade to that application released a couple of months ago and you should update if you have not already done so.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines