• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1 update Mac download link?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to update a reinstall of Lightroom 5 on my Mac. Sadly, Lightroom's integrated update functionality is broken, and I cannot seem to find a download link on Adobe's site. The legacy downloads page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-previous-version-apps-download.html only goes to to LR6, no mention of LR5.

The deep link at http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7_1.dmg is dead.

Adobe chat support actually told me to come here and ask...

Can anyone provide a download link to Mac version 5.7.1?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

To sum things up: I ended up finding what I was looking for at archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150316160118/http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7_1.dmg

Adobe support never managed to help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed all links to perpetual copy's of Lightroom, with the exception of v6.14.

Two ways to get old downloads now days

1. Bring up Adobe.com, sign in (if not already) click on "manage your account" (over on the left under the welcom back), click on "view download my apps". Select the correct app.

Mind you, this only works if you registered the product.

2, Alternate, contact Adobe to get a temporary download link from them. You might have to call twice as some of the call center reps have bad info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave! Since I never bothered registering the software, I'll keep bugging Adobe for a url. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I succeeded on the third try. A nice guy finally created a temporary download link for me. After installation, LR5 complained about a missing Adobe Application Manager, and the nice guy pointed me to yet another download. After that, LR5 was up and running without complaining.

I am wondering: Was Adobe Application Manager always part of the software, or was that retrofitted after the final release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out, the "experts" at Adobe gave me a version of LR5 that only runs once and then complains that I am not a CC member. There is no way to enter a serial number.

Thanks Adobe support, I guess I'll start yet another chat session. Maybe this time someone can actually help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have a serial number from your old copy? Go into Adobe.com and register that.

Oh, and as you had LR 5 previously installed, look for a file ending in .lrreg that will be a text file with the serial number in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had thought of that. Sadly, registration of my serial fails on the web site as well as in the application with the unhelpful error message "an error occurred"..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call Adobe again. Something is missing in this

And do you have your original CdRom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have my original CD. Haven't had a CD drive though for years.

In the end, I'll be facing the same problem. I could buy an external CD drive and install LR5 from disk. But there is no way to update to the latest bugfix release, as all the links are dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point is, the serial number is on that CD or on the cover, or in a bit of paper in the case.. When you launch LR it may ask for that number. When you register your copy, you use thatneumber (if Adobe still accepts v5 registration). Some have pointed out that pre v6, registration was noot mandatory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To sum things up: I ended up finding what I was looking for at archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150316160118/http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/5.x/Lig...

Adobe support never managed to help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link no longer works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lrdls.png

archive.org has three snapshots of this download link, all of which start downloading and then fail after a short while after various amounts of (mega)bytes. I guess this is a temporary problem on their side and recommend you try again after a while.

Edit: The links are working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You made my day, THANK YOU! It is 18th Jul 2022 and it is working 🙂 Thank you, I almost lost hope to use my old L5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines