Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7 Catalina 10.15.7 not importing photos from OS SSD

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After few days i updgraded my macOS to Catalina LR5.7 stopped import any photo from my desktop directory. LR5.7 is a 64 bit version application, the folder is on the OS used SSD, and i tried to change the Privacy setting of the System Preferences.

Please give solution for the issue, so way i could use my Lightroom 5.7 product.

Thank you, 

best regards,

Ferenc

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported problems running old versions of LR after upgrading Mac OS to 10.15 and 11 (5.7 is seven years old, and Mac isn't great about backward compatibility).  I haven't seen any authoritative workarounds or solutions, but you might search the forums carefully.

One thing to try: In System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, grant LR full disk access (just in case it's trying to access a system location that Mac OS 10.15 doesn't like).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom 5 certainly can't import under Big Sur. I was pretty sure it was OK under Catalina as I was keeping a secondary catalog of that build for testing and could import or sync updates from folders. Anyway, your days are numbered no matter what with LR5. You can of course boot into an older OS to use the product. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines