Highlighted

lightroom 5 mac reinstall failing - post intended for adobe response please

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

got a link to download lightroom 5 for my mac.

support chat told me it wont install because the activation servers have been switched off. I asked what could be done they said to post in the forum to get an adobe person to help

I didnt purchase a time limited product, I have a perpetual licence to use the product. until I reloaded the mac it was working as an app (last week). All my photos etc are stored in lightroom files and now I cant get to them.

Adobe , please contact me to tell me how you can fix this

Thanks

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

lightroom 5 mac reinstall failing - post intended for adobe response please

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

got a link to download lightroom 5 for my mac.

support chat told me it wont install because the activation servers have been switched off. I asked what could be done they said to post in the forum to get an adobe person to help

I didnt purchase a time limited product, I have a perpetual licence to use the product. until I reloaded the mac it was working as an app (last week). All my photos etc are stored in lightroom files and now I cant get to them.

Adobe , please contact me to tell me how you can fix this

Thanks

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This community page is a forum for fellow customers, It is rarely watched by actual Adobe Techs. Just fellow users. No one at this site can fix anything at Adobe.

Should post your problem at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

And yes, that is an official Adobe site

Now as a fellow user

One point to bring up. If your MACOS is Catalina , in other words v10.15, then you will not ever be able to install Lightroom v5, nor v6, as the installer is 32bit and Catalina will absolutly positivily without exceptions refuse to run 32bit code.

Oh LRv6 is 64bit, but the  installer is 32bit. I forget if v5 casme wwith a 64bit option.

As for a server. What does a server have to do with your install. What server? What web location? Adobe has removed all access to v5 and earlier, and takes a bit of truckery to get to v6.14 (and that may be gone now as well)

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah activation servers. Do not remember v5 being registered. Do you get an error about this copy on too many computers, or something like that?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user-to-user forum, and Adobe support employees participate here infrequently, so you might be waiting for quite a while.

You didn't activate LR 5 if you had a perpetual license (only if you obtained it via a Creative Cloud subscription). So I think the support person you were talking with was misinformed (unfortunately all too common).

Why don't you describe in detail what happens when you try to install LR 5.  And as David mentioned, you won't be able to install it on Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina) because the installer is 32-bit, which 10.15 doesn't support.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines