• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 Missing Camera Profiles? (Mac)

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My camera profiles are missing.

I placed them where Adobe recommends having them, under this directory:

Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom X/Right-click Show Package Contents/Resources/Camera Profiles

They still do not appear in Lightroom, even after restarting my iMac.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR5, they should be placed into the user folder. Read here: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-5-default-locations/

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, had a look at the link, I have placed them in the user folder and unfortunately they are still not showing up.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these profiles you created yourself?

For which camera type and for RAW or JPG?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A given lens profile either supports Raw based images, or else bitmap based images. You will only see the list of available profiles, that relate to the nature of the currently selected image. Profiles are commonly made for Raw, for which there is much the bigger demand - especially since many enthusiast and pro cameras can now lens-correct their own JPGs internally - so with a non-Raw image, you will see a much shorter list of available profiles.

Either a different profile must be obtained, or else there is a way to work with what you have - although it is a slight 'hack' / 'kludge'.

Briefly, that involves saving another copy of the Raw profile file, and simply text-editing that copy so it SAYS it is for non-Raw images. Then non-raw images will "see" it and can make use of it: the lens aberrations involved, being just the same after all. The results are in my experience usually fine, assuming no other lens correction e.g. in the camera, and in particular that no cropping (aside from in-LR nondestructive cropping) has happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm correct, the OP was writing about camera profiles, not lens profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my mistake: indeed you are right, camera profiles not lens profiles. Oops!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "Thank you for your reply, had a look at the link, I have placed them in the user folder and unfortunately they are still not showing up."

Try shutting down and then rebooting your system.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add..

If you shoot RAW, there are camera profiles showing up depending on the camera.

If you shoot JPG, there are no camera profiles as you would see it for RAW - this is by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always shoot RAW and all files imported into Lightroom are in RAW format.

The presets I have require these camera profiles to work properly and are made for RAW format, specifically Nikon format (NEF).

I have reinstalled Lightroom twice and rebooted my system several times, still no luck.

Also, I have tried these camera profiles on my other computers, installing them in the same directories and it worked.

For some reason it seems as if Lightroom on my iMac is refusing to source the camera profiles from the right place.

Is there perhaps a way to change the directories on Lightroom for camera profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try to reset the preferences: Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

Reinstalling does NOT reset these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed the steps and the camera profiles now show up as "Matrix", it is no longer displaying the usual Adobe Standard, Portrait etc profiles. Have a look at the screenshot below..

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 7.22.50 PM.png

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines