• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 slideshow shows a black screen

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I preview or play a slideshow in Lightroom 5 I see a black screen. I've tried it using various settings, images, lengths, and with the show saved or unsaved, all with the same result. In a preview I can see the show advancing through the slides; all remain black.

Sometimes (unpredictably) the screen isn't black, but rather two colors or color washes separated diagonally.

There are no videos in the shows. (A black screen for a slideshow with a video as the first slide is a known issue mentioned in the Lightroom Journal.)

Exporting to pdf works properly. An exported video shows as a black screen.

(Mac Pro, OS X 10.7.5, Radeon X1900 XT video card)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Hi

I had the slideshow black screen too.  I fixed it by checking (when slideshow is open) Template Browser on

left of screen and selecting "Default +"  click on it, it does not highlight so maybe I unchecked it somehow.

Prior to that I cleaned the computer fans so the video card would run cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I just figured what my problem is.  When I had my output "high", blank screen happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MikeB

So .. the problem is actually that Windows 10 and Intel HD3000 graphics on a sandy bridge processor, do not mix?

So anyone who has a combination of Windows 10 + Intel HD3000 integrated graphics + Lightroom will have some problems with some of Lightroom's features?

If we can work that out, why can't Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Author reported about this issue in the year 2013, with Lightroom v.5.x.x

Today is year 2020, Lightroom v9.2.1

THIS ISSUE IS STILL THERE!
Nice job Adobe "👍"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2020, Lightroom Classic 10.2.  Still a problem. I can get Preview to work, but not Play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I just found a solution. I'll post to the main thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2021 with Lightroom Classic 10.2, I still have this problem.  None of the suggestions in this thread have helped to get the slideshow to Play, though Preview did start working.  However in this thread on photoshop.com I found an idea that has now worked for me: purge the Video Cache and restart Lightroom.  It is the first thing that has worked at all for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any solution this issue is driving nuts... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines