• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.14 crashes when using Face Identification

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as others have posted. I am using Lightroom Version 6.14 standalone verion. Any time my people tab is opened then the program crashes. I'm turned off GPU in my preferences and didn't work. I've uninstall and reinstalled and that didn't work.

I have a Windows 10 64 bit machine with 16 GB of RAM. Intel i7 core @ 360 GHz.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are asking us for legal advice? Okay, I am not a lawyer, but here is my free advice: you certainly can sue Adobe, if you want, go right ahead. Please be sure to read the End User License Agreement that you agreed to when you purchased Lightroom 6, here it is if you can't find it: https://labs.adobe.com/technologies/eula/lightroom.html I call your attention (and your lawyer's attention) to the warranty terms described in section 6. Remember, you agreed to all of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Europe there is a law against obsolescence program but indeed I don't know if there is the same in the US.

But at least there is a solution I hope some one will crack this limitation and share it like for the map module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More free legal advice: sure, go for it, at most you are going to get your purchase price back, and if you have to pay a lawyer for more than one hour of time, you are losing money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you know, sometimes even big firm needs to comply with law https://www.challenges.fr/high-tech/obsolescence-programmee-la-france-condamne-apple-a-25-millions-d...

Anyway thank you for your advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big firm will have to comply with. Question of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's an applescript that wors on big sur

on run {input, parameters}

set ntpdPID to do shell script "systemsetup -getusingnetworktime; exit 0" with administrator privileges
	if ntpdPID is "Network Time: On" then
		do shell script "systemsetup -setusingnetworktime off" with administrator privileges
		do shell script "systemsetup -setdate '01:01:2020' -settime '12:00:00'" with administrator privileges
	else
		do shell script "systemsetup -setusingnetworktime on" with administrator privileges
	end if

tell application "Finder"
    	activate application "Adobe Lightroom"
	end tell

delay 10

do shell script "systemsetup -setusingnetworktime on" with administrator privileges

return input
end run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. If anybody can figure out a fix, I'd be thrilled! I'd hate to have to subscribe . . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news for Mac users I think I have it :

open libfrsdk-8.6.0.so with hex fiend for instance ( ⁨Applications⁩ ⁨Adobe Lightroom⁩ ⁨Adobe Lightroom.app⁩ ⁨Contents⁩ ⁨Frameworks⁩ ⁨CIT⁩ ⁨Plug-ins⁩ ⁨FaceRecognition⁩ ⁨FaceRecognitionCognitec.bundle⁩ ⁨Contents⁩ ⁨Resources)

search for 48 8D 3D 62 22 88 00 hex string and replace with 48 8D 3D 64 22 88 00

It works for me with 56000 photos no crash anymore and no need to change system date 😉

Only drawback is when I import a new photo, LR detects a face but doesn't provide a name. But I can still put a name so it's fine for me.

Maybe an other value allows this to work but it's ok for me.

If someone is interested I use cutter to open the file and search for anything that rings a bell (that was the first time I reverse something)

So happy !!

of course if you do this save everything before 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines