• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.14 purchase?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using Lightroom 4 currently and will like to jump to standalone version 6.14, I know this is not open for purchase but is there any option to purchase an upgrade from 4 to 6.14 or if that's not possible to obtain a license for 6.14? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Unfortunately for you, Lightroom 6.14 is only available for download for those who already have purchased the license. The license can no longer be purchased, so if you don't have the license number it would be impossible for you to activate it. The only option available now is Lightroom Classic or Lightroom for the cloud. It's a good option, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately for you, Lightroom 6.14 is only available for download for those who already have purchased the license. The license can no longer be purchased, so if you don't have the license number it would be impossible for you to activate it. The only option available now is Lightroom Classic or Lightroom for the cloud. It's a good option, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Errr JimHess​ you might want to correct your last statement.

You can only rent Lr as a single app NOT Lr Classic.

Go figure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So please clarify for me what is incorrect about my statement. Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (for the cloud) are available on a subscription basis (in your terms for rent), which is basically what I said. Of course, Lightroom Classic is packaged with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

You stated you can rent Lr OR Lr Classic.

This is false.

Only Lr is offered as a single app.

It‘s bullying tactics by Adobe and biased towards them.

CC is not structured from a neutral base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it's all in the way you interpreted the reply. A little picky in my opinion, but what ever. If you don't like the Lightroom offer structure that's fine. Find something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thejeta1  wrote

Sure.

You stated you can rent Lr OR Lr Classic.

This is false.

Only Lr is offered as a single app.

It‘s bullying tactics by Adobe and biased towards them.

CC is not structured from a neutral base.

We participate in this forum to provide technical support to other Lightroom users. Rants against Adobe are off-topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then speak with accuracy and not half truths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m simply correcting your inaccuracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all a matter of how you interpret the reply. If you want to pick at my choice of words I suppose that's your choice. My intent was simply to point out that there is Lightroom Classic now and Lightroom and one can choose either or both. Semantics are really irrelevant. Sorry that you want to rant about your displeasures about Adobe. I don't, and I'm not going to mess around with this discussion any further. Time to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines