Lightroom 6.14 ( standalone ) how to transfer images to Lightroom (mobile ) on IPAD

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please.

I have 400 images in my current Lightroom 6.14 library ( standalone non subscription version ) which I wish to transfer to the LR mobile app on my IPad.

Could you please advise how to do this ? I would appreciate any help - Thank you very much

I wondered if I had to move to a subscription based Lightroom product to do this , in which case , what route is best.  And how would the images transfer across.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom 6.14 ( standalone ) how to transfer images to Lightroom (mobile ) on IPAD

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please.

I have 400 images in my current Lightroom 6.14 library ( standalone non subscription version ) which I wish to transfer to the LR mobile app on my IPad.

Could you please advise how to do this ? I would appreciate any help - Thank you very much

I wondered if I had to move to a subscription based Lightroom product to do this , in which case , what route is best.  And how would the images transfer across.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no mobile synchronization capabilities with any version of Lightroom 6. If you want to subscribe to the creative cloud system then you could install Lightroom Classic. When you first run that version it will convert your catalog and all your work so that it is compatible with the new version by creating a New copy of that old catalog. Lightroom Classic will then enable you to create collections that can be shared with Lightroom on your iPad. They will be shared as smart previews, not full-sized images. But those smart previews can be edited on your iPad, and any modifications you make on the iPad will transfer  to the original images.

The other alternative would be to install Lightroom (which some refer to as Lightroom CC). This version of Lightroom enables you to load your originals to the cloud. You only have 1 TB of storage, but you can purchase more if you need it. You have the same editing capabilities on all mobile devices. Lightroom CC doesn't have all the features that you may have become accustomed to, but it is updated on a regular basis and is growing in popularity in some circles. If you decide that this version is the one you want to go with, good Internet service is critical to reliable functionality.

With the creative photography plan you have access to both of these programs. Careful consideration on your part would be a good idea before committing to one program over the other, in my opinion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you decide to stick with Lr 6.14 (and not subscribe) then you need another process-

For example-

https://www.copytrans.net/blog/top-5-ways-to-transfer-photos-from-computer-to-iphone/

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.1, Photoshop 22.1, Lightroom 4.1, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I agree to all that Jim and Wobert, have advised and just wish to view from a different perspective.

Lightroom Mobile for iPad, Tablets, iPhone, Android Smart Phone and other mobile devices requires that the user has a subscription to the Creative Cloud, which is a subscription paid service.

Adobe caters to a wide range of photographic users, Point and shoot, Selphie's, Serious Amateurs/Enthusiasts and Professionals and the applications they offer are at a subscription cost.

Adobe presently offer the following,

1. Photography Plan, this offers the following core applications, Photoshop CC (Adobe's Premier photo editing   application).
 Lightroom Classic (desktop-focused app and the update of Lightroom 6.14),

Lightroom (cloud-based photo service).

Present subscription $9.99 per month with 23GB of storage.

2. Lightroom (cloud-based photo service) Present subscription $9.99 per month with 1TB storage.

3. Both plans, additional storage $9.99 per month for +1TB of storage.

4. Plan 1 Lightroom Classic will sync smart previews from Collections which are selected to sync in LR Classic to the   Cloud, this does not utilize storage allocation.

5. Plan 2. Lightroom (cloud-based photo service) and Lightroom Mobile apps upload original files to the cloud which consumes cloud storage.j

6. Any number of mobile devices logged in to the user Creative Cloud a/c will have access to the smart previews and original files and will be able to use all the features in the LR Mobile app. e.g you can purchase a phone and a tablet for your wife and all the devices will have access.

All the devices that are logged in and have syncing activated will be connected, changes made by any user will be synced to all devices.

I have the iPhone and iPad that is used by my wife synced, however, she knows it's for viewing and sharing on social media but no editing.  Tried with my granddaughter but that only lasted two days.  

The original poster will need to decide which plan would suit their needs.

The performance will depend on the speed/capacity of your internet access.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.1, LrC 10.1 (>10.0), Lr 4.1, Ps 22.1, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 1