• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.14 won't open after migrating to a new Mac

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved to a new Mac and my copy of Lightroom 6.14 migrated okay, but I have had to move my picture files to a new external hard drive. Somenow in trying to import the old catalog I've messed something up so the Lightroom splash screen flashes and then disappears and it doesn't open. How can I reset this? I have a TimeMachine of my old Mac, but not the new one. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom 6.14 is not opening on your computer as you recently migrated to a new Mac computer and the catalog you migrated no longer opens.

Which version of Mac OS are you running on your new Mac? Are you able to create a new catalog on the new Mac?

Please chcekout the system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have Catalina on the new Mac, and no, I can't get LR to open now. It appears it did create a catalog (empty) before something now prevents it from opening. 

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.14 is not supported on Mac OS Catalina. To test is this is related to any permissions related issue, please checkout the response below from Davidg. Let us know how it goes.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have Catalina on the new Mac, and no, I can't get LR to open now. It appears it did create a catalog (empty) before something now prevents it from opening. 

So on your MAC, outside if Lightroom, bring up System Preferences, select Security and a Privacy, select the a Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, make sure Lightroom, and while you are at it Photoshop, and make sure all the boxes are checked

93D5781B-69E1-4BAD-A061-1D42C057CA0B.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I was on a 3-year-old Macbook running Catalina.  Lightroom was working just fine.  (Lightroom 6 version 6.14; Catalina v 10.15.6)  I bought a new (2020) Macbook and used Time Machine to migrate all of my files, apps, etc. to the new laptop from the back-up drive.  When I booted up after import was completed, all of the icons corresponding to apps that I had in the dock of my prior laptop were on the dock of the new laptop.  So far so good.  I tried to open LR, and it wouldn't open.  When I clicked (or double clicked) on the icon, the little light directly below the icon--the one that indicates that the app is open--would come on for a second, then wink out.  Trying to open from the "Applications" menu did nothing.  I uninstalled LR and then reinstalled, using the external hard drive I used to migrate the data in the first place.  That didn't work.  Then I did the same, using a different hard drive with the same data (I keep multiple external back-up hard drives).  Still nothing going.  

I still have LR on my "old" laptop.  Is that the problem?  Do I need to uninstall it?  If so, how do I make nsure I actually can reinstall LR on my new laptop?

I read and tried the instructions in this string, and I did find a couple of boxes to "check" once I got to the end, but that didn't change anything.

Thoughts?  Very, very grateful for any ideas.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to run Lightroom 6 on Catalina is by doing an operating system upgrade where Lightroom 6 is already installed. That's why it worked on your old laptop.

>>>If so, how do I make sure I actually can reinstall LR on my new laptop?

Regrettably, there is no way of installing Lightroom 6 on a new laptop running Catalina. Your only option is to subscribe to the Adobe Cloud and install the latest version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks--this was driving me crazy. If I do as you suggest and subscribe to
Adobe Cloud, can I import/migrate the LR data/catalogues from my old laptop
into the newly-downloaded LR on my new laptop? I really appreciate your
time.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.14 fails to open after migrating from OS10.11.6 (latest el Capitan) to OS Ventura 13.2. Initially the message " Adobe Lightroom is damaged and cannot be opened"  appeared. Now it says  "Adobe application manager required to start you trial, is missing or damaged. Please download a new copy of Adobe Application manager from ...".  I have downloaded a new version of creative cloud (which is supposed to include the AAM, and it does not work.

Does anyone know how to resolve the problem?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.14 fails to open after migrating from OS10.11.6 (latest el Capitan) to OS Ventura 13.2. Initially the message " Adobe Lightroom is damaged and cannot be opened"  appeared. Now it says  "Adobe application manager required to start you trial, is missing or damaged. Please download a new copy of Adobe Application manager from ...".  I have downloaded a new version of creative cloud (which is supposed to include the AAM, and it does not work.

Does anyone know how to resolve the problem?

Thank you!

By @APFachada

Installing the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA) was a mistake. It does not supply the AAM you might have needed. Quite the opposite. That ACCDA supports the subscription model of Lightroom, not the perpetual. 

Fixing this may be extremely difficult.

Starting at MACOS Catalina, running the Lr6 install script was impossible as it is 32bit (oddly pre v6 allowed for 64bit). Solution was to revert the MACOS to pre Catalina and install Lr6.14, then upgrade the MACOS. Add to that the installation of ACCDA, joules things up even more.

The discussion you have added into, dates back to 2019. Many members might not notice your reply at all. It would be best to post your own  new discussion. Someone might have a solution. But frankly way past time avoiding subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Golding D.

AP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines