• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 [can't read XQD raw photos]

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom 6 can't read the XQD raw photos, How can I upgrade?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for this thread to be moved to the Lightroom forum....

Mac or Windows? Which version?

Which exact version of LR 6?

Which camera?

What is the exact wording of the error message?

Are you using a card reader or directly connecting the camera? (Card reader is better.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Maniacjoe:

Thank you for reply!

Windows 10,  I don't know what exact version of LR6 but I just updated yesterday.

it is Nikon D5 camera.

It said no items match your search when I try import the photos from USB.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards

Hao Jiang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please copy all the images to the internel drive and then import all the images from there into Lightroom and let us know the status.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mohit!

You are so right! I had done this way a few days ago. I have to copy the all photos Individual to my another removal hard drive, then import them to the Lightroom, then Lightroom read them. Lightroom shows the import photos will be to DNG format. I don’t know what is meaning.

Thank you so much again for your help!

Best regards

Hao Jiang

江浩

|

|

签名由 网易邮箱大师 定制

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have selected the option "Copy As DNG" while importing the images into Lightroom that's why Lightrom change the image format to DNG while importing images.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haoj58120007  wrote

Hi, Maniacjoe:

Thank you for reply!

Windows 10,  I don't know what exact version of LR6 but I just updated yesterday.

it is Nikon D5 camera.

It said no items match your search when I try import the photos from USB.

Don't bother moving the photos to another folder to import them. That is unlikely to help.

We need to know the exact version of your LR 6. Please look it up under Help->System Info (the first row inside the box).

It would help if you give us the EXACT word-for-word error message; but if it said something like "No items match your search", then you have turned on a filter, and you can press Ctrl-L to turn off the filter and then the photos should appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi haoj,

What is the exact error message you are getting? If it is something like "the files could not be read", it usually means that you don't have proper permissions on the folder you're importing to.

Make sure that you have read and write permissions on the folder.

Alternatively, import to a different folder where you do have the necessary permissions.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mohit:

Thank you for your reply!

It said no item match your search. I try the different folder to import but it is still the same.

Thanks!

Regards

Hao Jiang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Do you know what version of LR6 is needed for the XQD card for Nikon? I have LR6 version 6.14 Camera Raw 10.1

Thanks!! Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The card type is not important, what matters is the camera model.

So what camera do you have? If it's one of the Z models, LR6 cannot read the files.

You will either have to subscribe to the Photography Plan, which includes the latest version of LR Classic, or use the free DNG converter, which will convert the raw files to DNG files, that can be read by LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines