• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 - cannot clear previous activations to reuse

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope some body can help with this.  I fairly recently subscribed to CC and have been happily using Lightroom Classic v 10 through the photography plan for a while on my main PC, and recently activated it on a laptop too.

I also still had the last version of standalone Lightroom on the PC, version 6, and I have bought every version 1 through 6 over the years.  I then decided to install v6 on my wife's PC.  It refused to activate saying that there were two licenses already activated, so I signed out of Lightroom 6 on my PC and uninstalled it, but am still getting the same message.

I have no idea what the second activation is - I have had it on my previous laptop, and I have upgraded the processor and motherboard in my PC, so maybe there are other previous activations that I can't get at to sign out of.

In this situation I would have expected to be able to go into my account, go to my products and tell it to delete any previous activations of Lightroom 6.  Unfortunately there seems to be no way to do this myself, and it sdeems that I therefore need Adobe to do this for me.   The problem here is that the website for my account is totally geared towards CC and there is no advice on standalone products, and even worse there is no way that I can find to telephone, email or have a chat session with someone at Adobe to resolve this.  All I want is for them to wipe out any previous activations as I am sure that they are not in use.

Without some help from Adobe it seems that I cannot use a product I have paid for. I am very unhappy if I have to write off my previous investment in standalone apps, through a disfunctional activation process, and my wife is only a very occasional LR user so it is not worth her taking out her own CC subscription.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Fred

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe tech support, tell them you want to deactive Lightroom 6 installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have now thanks. The problem was that I had been unable to access a chat session.   It seems the answer is to eneable all cookies and then the little three dots in a bubble symbol appears.   Why can't they tell you that you need to do that rather than just doing nothing when you click the "Contact Us" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, once I posted it gave me some links to other similar posts through which I found out how to get a chat session going, and though that my problem has been resolved.  I have to say Adobe seem to make doing this as obscure as possible, presumably to reduce the number of real support people they employ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines