• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Catalina- Installation not work- any special offers for customers who buy the software

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I change my hardware Apple MAC setup to a macmini with catalina. After i want to install my software from adobe, which i normaly buy via store in 2016, i get the message, that my system can not install the software. Are there any chances to install it on catalina? If ther a special offer program for people who have payed money for the software and want to use this on their new system? thanks, peter 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 cannot be installed on Catalina. There are no special offers for people with this problem. You can purchase/subscribe to Lightroom Classic to continue using your existing Lightroom Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but to be honest, i could not believe what you say!! i pay for my product and now i should buy this again?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run LR6 (even LR5) in Catalina but Maps will not work and there's no support. However, both installers will NOT run under Catalina because they are not 64-bit. So you must boot into an older MacOS than Catalina, install, then if you boot back into Catalina, LR6 should run with the caveats (and more) provided. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i pay for my product and now i should buy this again??"

I don't think it's reasonable to blame Adobe here. LR 6 was near the end of its life, over two years old, when Apple announced in June 2017 that it would stop supporting 32-bit programs in the future. Two months after that 2017 announcement Adobe released the subscription-only LR 7, and that subscription is fully 64-bit and runs on Mac OS 10.15. When Mac OS 10.15 was released, LR 6 was over four years old, and LR 9 would come out the next month.  What other major vendor of applications provides updates to versions that are four years old?

Here's the timeline:

April 2015: Adobe releases LR 6

April 2017: Adobe releases LR 6.10

June 2017: Apple announces that 32-bit programs will be stop being supported at some future, unspecified date

October 2017: Adobe releases the subscription-only LR 7 (variously called Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC, Lightrom Classic). This subscription is fully 64-bit and later releases (included in the subscription) are compatible with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina).

June 2018: Apple announces that Mac OS will stop supporting 32-bit programs in 2019.

June 2019: Apple announces that Mac OS 10.15 will stop supporting 32-bit programs.

October 2019: Apple releases 10.15

November 2019: Adobe releases LR 9.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also add, Adobe releases the last update to LR 6 (6.14)  in Dec 2017 and clearly states that there will no further updates to Lightroom version six.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter said: "i pay for my product and now i should buy this again?? "

This is the sad reality of the hardware/software game: We want more features so they provide them based on the current hardware. 

or

We want our features to run faster so they make the hardware to increase speed of this versions features.

Either way, it's not like buying a hammer and finding that it doesn't work 5, 6, or 7 years later. I still own a hammer that my dad had from the 40s. 

If you want to keep using older software, you have to use it on older computers. If you want to get a new computer, be prepared to update your software. 

This is NOT just for consumers. Most of the data collected on the journeys into space cannot be used because the equipment that recorded the data is no longer available.

The good news is that you're new computer will be very fast (compaired to what you had) and the new Lightroom can do much more. Enjoy the game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines