• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 catalog backup

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- The hard drive from my old computer (Macbook Pro) is faulty and doesn't start the laptop, however when placed on a caddy I can access its contents as an external device from my new laptop and displays the error message: "OSX can't repair the disk. you can still open or copy files on the disk, but you can't save changes to file on disk. Back up the disk and reformat it as soon as you can."

- LR6 is now installed on my new computer from a Time machine backup (dated February 2020) and it prompts for sign in required, followed by Photoshop Lightroom Trial with options to either to 'Licence this software' or 'start trial'.

- When I access my old hard drive in the caddy and click on the LR6 application, it prompts for same options as above.

1- In the process I've realised my latest LR6 catalog backup was March 2019! How can I proceed to create a more recent backup of my catalog?
2- I already have LR6 installed on two devices, can I use the serial number once more to licence the software to my new computer?

Your help is much appreciated, I've searched online for solutions in vain.

Many thanks

Debs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't havbe experience with MacOS, but when I understand the message that you've wrote correctly you have to copy the content of the old hard drive to a new one.

2- I already have LR6 installed on two devices, can I use the serial number once more to licence the software to my new computer?

If you have 2 installations of LR activated you have to deinstall one of them to install LR on your new computer.

1- In the process I've realised my latest LR6 catalog backup was March 2019! How can I proceed to create a more recent backup of my catalog?

You have to copy the catalog file from the old hard drive to the new one. So you can work with this catalog. 

Here you'll find infos how to move lightroom to a new computer and which files you have to copy.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ Axel- Matt, quote " If  you have 2 installations of LR activated you have to deinstall one of them to install LR on your new computer."

While using the computer  and has to connect to their Adobe account and  deactivate the LR 6 then uninstall.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines