Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 crashes when I assign a person tag

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Lightroom (v. 6.14) shuts down without error message or warning as soon as I try to apply a tag on someone's face. However, there is no problem if I add a keyword, even if it's a person keyword already existing. It's really the action of drawing the frame around the person or pressing "O" to enter the person interface that causes the crash.

I didn't have this problem for the first three or four years I used Lightroom, it appeared out of nowhere a few months ago. I didn't have time to deal with the issue at that moment (I just tried to reinstall Lightroom but the problem remained), but I don't recall any update on Lightroom that could have caused this at the end of last year.

Does anyone have an idea where this could come from and how to fix the problem?

Thanks

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that the licence for the face recognition engine used in LR6 has expired. However, as LR6 is now obsolete (i.e. is no longer supported by Adobe) it seems unlikely that it will be fixed.....although I understand that setting the system date back to before the licence expiration date will give you a form of workaround. More information here: https://petapixel.com/2020/12/24/adobe-lightroom-v6-is-falling-apart/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, see this bug report for Adobe's official answer:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-version-6-crashes-i...

For many people, LR 6 just stops running, whether or not they've used face features. While some in that thread report that setting the computer's clock back works, I recommend against it -- too many parts of the operating system and apps rely on time being "monotonic" (always increasing), and setting it back (even fleetingly, as described in one post) runs the real risk of causing mysterious problems down the road.

There are other workarounds in that thread, but they just get the rest of LR 6 running, not the face features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines