Lightroom 6 Deactive old devices

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6, my old computer died so i had to get a new one, but now it won't allow me to activate as saying the serial number is already used by the maximum allowed computers. How do i force it to drop any computers i know longer have to allow to continue using Lightroom on my device?

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021
You have to talk to Adobe's customer support. They're the only ones who can reset the number of activations.  Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:    https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html  Please signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. The link refer to the US website. If you are not located in the US, the site should redirect to the page  appropriate to the region associated with your ID.  Click the chat icon a...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to talk to Adobe's customer support. They're the only ones who can reset the number of activations. 

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:   
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html 
Please signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. The link refer to the US website. If you are not located in the US, the site should redirect to the page 

appropriate to the region associated with your ID. 
Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to an support employee. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel. I have the same issue, and will have my copy of LR6 blocked after 15 more days.

I follow your link, and disable all cookie/tracking protection and refresh, but there is no chat window, and no indication of how to contact Adobe agents. (I am already signed in.)

I am in Spain, but the page does not redirect. However, I don't speak Spanish, so that would not be useful to me anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Chat button is in the right corner at the end of the site.

Try to aus also a different browser.

2021-07-22 12_19_34-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel.

I am just chatting with Adobe and they say I have to look for answers on the forums. I am going in circles! Any other advice you can provide please? I am having the exact same issue as the OP!

Thanks you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel.

I am just chatting with Adobe and they say I have to look for answers on the forums. I am going in circles! Any other advice you can provide please? I am having the exact same issue as the OP!

Thanks you

By @ukvikas

If you ask for technical support for Lightroom 6, they will not provide it and refer you to these forums, and we cannot help you with this problem. You must be crystal clear that you want to reset the activations, you are not looking for technical support. And also what @JimHess said.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that happens terminate the conversation and try again. If  the support person won't help you then ask to communicate with a supervisor. Be sure to emphasize that you only want to reset activations. Apparently some support people will do it while others will not. Unfortunately, you are communicating with somewhat untrained individuals overseas, and it's going to require patience on your part in order to get the job done. Coming to the forum isn't going to get anything accomplished because we are all just other users like yourself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just encountered this same problem after selling my old computer and discovering I can't activate Lightroom 6, and obviously can't deactivate the old PC as I wiped it before selling it.

After gettig absolutely nowhere using the support chat, I tried phoning the support line and went through the option for "Problems downloading, installing or activating". I was connected to a support agent in a couple of minutes, I opened with "I'm having problems activating Lightroom and need my activation count to be reset". He made the change and verified that I could successfully activate while I was still on the phone - couldn't be easier, especially compared to the text chat option!

For reference, the support number is 800-833-6687. I'm in the UK so had to dial 001 800-833-6687. I used a service called Zipcall so that I didn't have to pay international rates for the call.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines