• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 [How to install on Big Sur?]

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have lightroom 6 that I purchased the disc from Bestbuy. I just recently bought a new Macbook pro that does not have the disc drive. Does anyone know how I can get it on my new computer? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

With any 'new' Mac and the Catalina or BigSur OS- you cannot install Lightroom v6. The 32bit install cannot run. (End of the line!)

You should consider a subscription to the 'Photography Plan' for the very latest Lightroom-Classic and Photoshop, to match your shiny new Mac.  $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

Other posts Re: Lr6  6.14 and Catalina OPTIONS 

The same issue of Apple changing the OS is affecting many other users of obsolete software. eg. the Adobe Creative Suites CS6.

Photoshop CS6 & New Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With any 'new' Mac and the Catalina or BigSur OS- you cannot install Lightroom v6. The 32bit install cannot run. (End of the line!)

You should consider a subscription to the 'Photography Plan' for the very latest Lightroom-Classic and Photoshop, to match your shiny new Mac.  $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

Other posts Re: Lr6  6.14 and Catalina OPTIONS 

The same issue of Apple changing the OS is affecting many other users of obsolete software. eg. the Adobe Creative Suites CS6.

Photoshop CS6 & New Mac OS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you so much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All lovely in theory but I have a subscription and am having nothing but problems with both Lightroom and Photoshop. Small edits within LR [max three images] and then freezing followed by a full crash and restart. 

Adobe wants to blame Mac and Big Sur and Mac wants to blame Adobe. I'd just like to see a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines