• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 keeps crashing

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: 6.0 [1014445]  (This is a standalone version, not a subscription version)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042)

GeForce GTX 950/PCIe/SSE2 (driver 460.89 12/15)

It started crashing unpredictably a month or so back. The behavior I'm calling "crash" is that the application simply closes down with no warning--no error message, no failure indicator, just simply gone.

The crashes frequently but not always occur when I am synchronizing a folder (scanning for new photos and importing them) but I don't think that specific operation actually triggers it. That's just the operation I do most often on startup. I saw it crash just now when all I did was launch and ask to view Preferences. Yesteraday, on the other hand, I was able to work for 5 or 10 minutes before a crash.

First I checked to see if I have the most current updates for my version of Lightroom (which I know is old.) Help | Updates brings up the Adobe manager which confirms I have the most current version. After looking at forum posts I checked whether I have the latest driver for my video card. I do, but I did a clean re-install just in case. Crashes continued. I then disabled "graphics processor acceleration." The crashes became less frequent but did not entirely stop. I then launched with Ctrl-Alt and told Lightroom to reset all preferences. That also has not fixed the problem.

I think my next move is to uninstall Lightroom and reinstall it, but before doing that I thought I'd check here for anything else I might be missing.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v6 is Falling Apart- Petapixel article

Many users reporting v6 crashes- some being explained by .DLL files that have 'Expired'.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v610-crashes-in-the...

Maps have gone. Face Recognition has gone. Virtual Copies (with 'Person' info) seems to have gone.

It is unfortunate that v6 keeps crashing for those that do not want to subscribe to v10, but there is no possibility of support from Adobe.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you. I guess I knew this day would come. Time for unsubscriptive types like me to research alternatives.

That was a helpful answer WobertC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From PetaPixel: "The perpetual license version of Lightroom Classic is unsupported".

Known issues by the software editor. Not sharing proactivevly/transparently with its customers.

And not sharing when contacting service support!

A legal subject matter expert could support on how to start a "class action"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines