• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIghtroom 6 Mac

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I just updated my Mac and now Lightroom 6 is crashing all the time. I read that an updated can be downloaded to solve this but I cannot find the link anywhere.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

There you'll find the download of the latest version of Lightroom 6. You have to scroll down on the site a little bit.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! but the link doesn't direct to the update anymore 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware of the other posts you have gotten. IE, IF YOU hjave Upgrade your present Mac to OS X Catalina or if you bought a New Mac (Upgraded to a New Mac computer) that has Catalina included IF YOU uninstall Lr 6 and then try to reinstall it you will NOT be able to do that.

As for the current download of Lr 6 it is a Complete downlaod of Lr 6.14. No more need to install Lr 6.0 and then run the 6.14 update file. It is an All Inclusive downlaod file. Lr 6.0 + the .14 update as a single install file.

Best of Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can obtain the download file for Lightroom 6.14 from

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Also, I think the link to prodesigntools was the wrong link. This is the proper link: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions Please follow the section "Note: Very Important Instructions" exactly as written.

As stated by others, do not uninstall your existing Lightroom 6 on OSX Catalina, as the installer program will not run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated your Mac to what? If you updated to MacOS Catalina, then do not try to uninstall and reinstall. The installer does not run on MacOS Catalina (because it's 32 bits).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made a hardware upgrade...still looks like the update link is not available anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by a Hardware Upgrade???

Basically with all newer Mac computers that isn't really possible except for RAM on Some Models, not all AFAIK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The wrong link to prodesigntools was provided originally. I have provided the correct link in an earlier reply.

Please state clearly your operating system. Do not try to upgrade Lightroom 6 on OSX Catalina.

Please state clearly the exact hardware upgrade, as this could be the cause of the problems you are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide details of what changes you made to your computer hardware and the operating system?

”update”, ” hardware upgrade” we need information?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines