• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 'not responding', no use AutoBahn in preferences file

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to debug why Lightroom 6 hangs on startup with 'not responding'.

System:

Windows 10

16GB RAM

Lightroom on C: SSD

Catalog on separate data HDD

nVida 1050TI graphics card

Downloaded Lightroom 6 and launched it for the first time with no problem. Was able to connect with my pre-existing catalog.

Next day came back to start working and the application hangs upon startup.

Cannot uncheck the use GPU in the application because it never gets that  far. I found the suggestion to modify the preferences file but there is no line 'Use AutoBahn' in the file.

Are there any suggestions for next steps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Do Help > System Info to get the precise version of LR you have installed.  If it's not "Lightroom 6.12" or "Lightroom CC 2015.12", you need to update to the latest version. Do Help > Updates.  If that doesn't work (as it sometimes doesn't), then manually download the 2015.12 / 6.12 update: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Help > System Info to get the precise version of LR you have installed.  If it's not "Lightroom 6.12" or "Lightroom CC 2015.12", you need to update to the latest version. Do Help > Updates.  If that doesn't work (as it sometimes doesn't), then manually download the 2015.12 / 6.12 update: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get that far when I launch Lightroom. It hangs at the splash screen and remains there 'not responding'.

I downloaded LR6 and didn't have a chance to check for any updates. Does the main LR installer automatically install the latest updates? If not, how can I update LR if I never get past the splash screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thanks for your reply. I re-read your last sentence and was able to manually download/update to v6.12. This seems to have fixed the issue. My catalog opens up immediately. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue and found LR 6.13, which I updated to and yes it solved the 'freezing' problem. I'm puzzled as to why my version of LR 6 did not update to the latest version and why, on checking my adobe products it gave no option to update to the latest version, other than the CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines