Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom 6 problems

New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all 

I have the stand alone version of lr 6 which i upgraded first from   lr  4 (disc) to lr 5 then again upgrade to lr 6  it was all working great but today it wont let me import new pics and keeps crashing telling me to either wait or terminate if i wait it wont go forward  so i decided to uninstall then reinstall now i spoke to customer support and they said install lr 6 then put in serial no and away you go. Well whatever i do it says its installed on max amoumt of pcs and to deactivate on one ! dont understand at all but i uninstalled it on my other laptop but still says too many installs ? i asked support if it was because it was an upgrade but to be honest they hadnt a clue .I reinstalled both lr4 and 5 but when i install lr 6 same error too many installs 

This is driving me nuts 

T I A 

Mick

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to call/chat Adobe again, and cross fingers that you get a helpfull outsourced tech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mind you, one thing to try, and I am fairly sure this will not work, even if you registered your copy at Adobe.

Bring up Adobe.com

Sign in

Click on Manage your account

Gets a bit muddy to me at this point, if you had an ussue with a subscription, you could click on manage plan, then scroll to bottom and deactivate trroublesome activations

No dubscription, so perhsps look at purchased oroducts, and cross fingers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a few points, first keep calm, from the info you have provided you should be able to sort this out. It's obvious you have the application registered.

First you have to deactivate one of your installs, uninstall does not deactivate the unit. You have to sign in to your Adobe account with the unit you wish to deactivate so you would have to reinstall the application to deactivate it, then you can uninstall.

I you are not able to complete that, you will have to contact Adobe Support, as David advised, and have them complete the deactivation they should be able to also provide you with a link to download the latest update Version 6.14.

You May need to be assertive with the rep at Adobe.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning all thanks for all your replies ,I spoke late last night to yet another assistant and they did something there end and I could at last reinstall  hurrah ! I then tried to import some pictures again and it still crashes and says.  Lightroom has stopped responding wait or restart   ,

whatever you try it crashes again  any ideas please ? It' was ok last time I imported but that was a while back 

tia

i must add the rep I spoke to when I told her this said they don't support my version anymore so best ask the community !   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide details of your operating system. From the Lightroom menu help menu click on system info and take a screen capture of the top section of the info down to GPU info. Insert in your reply see the attached.

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 11.43.55 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't send attachments via e-mail. You need to include any screen captures using the web interface to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting Lightroom preferences. See the following link. Read the instructions carefully.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy im afraid ,the program will not let me import any pictures 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, if the resetting is done, if possible before you try to open Lightroom, I would like to see a screen capture of the Lightroom(subfolder) it should by default be located in your HDD as follows Users> your name> My Pictures> Lightroom. This folder contains your Catalog file/s, other temp data files, Previews etc. when I see what there is in the folder I can advice some more house cleaning steps. See a screen capture from the Lightroom folder on my iMac.

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 1.21.04 PM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (4).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you installed LR 6.14 yesterday did you select an alternative location for your Catalog file? To me, it does not appear in the default location.

The screenshot shows five Catalog files.  they are the ones with the .lrcat (LRCAT) extension. Lightroom Catalog, Lightroom 2 Catalog, Lightroom 3 Catalog, Lightroom 4 Catalog and Lightroom 5 Catalog. right-click on each of these files and select preferences, there will be a popup which should show the last date they were accessed and modified.

Next in windows go to settings and select Apps and a list of all the Apps that are installed will be displayed check and see what versions of Adobe Lightroom you have instaled in your system.

Ok, I have listed the five Catalog files that are located in the Lightroom default location do a search for files use *.lrcat  and a list of all files ending with .lrcat on your system.

One other suggestion please shud down and then power off and leave for a few minutes then reboot.

Please advise your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive done what you asked and the only version of lightroom installed is lr 6 

Only 2 of  the catalogue files lusted have been accessed  and thats the first teo from the left lr 4 and 5  i also searched for ircat files in pc and the c directory and found none ?  Hope this helps

Mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so would you say you are back at the same place as when lightroom started to crash and you uninstalled Lightroom and got stuck trying to reinstall.?

Could you describe the process that you are you using to import, where are you imported the image files from, copy, copy as DNG, move or add. Where is the destination for the image files. At what stage does Lightroom crash, when you hit the import button?

Any error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another thought, does Lr actually crash or does it just shutdown? When Lightroom crashes there would normally be a .lock file left alongside of the .lrcat file that would not allow Lightroom to boot with the same catalog.

Could you go To Lightroom preferences.> general tab at the bottom of the dialog box "Reset all warning dialogs" click the button.

It's like Lightroom was waiting for a response to a warning and just shut down without proceeding. Just a thought out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is ddefinately the catalogue ,something to do with upgrading the catalogue .I managed to upgrade a catalogue which then showed  0 photos and it inports without a problem but cannot see my original photos i think i somehow need to upgrade the catalogue but im getting lost  I realise Im pretty useless but I do thank you for all the advice your trying with 

regards Mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines