Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 - Sign in required

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

Today as often clickedon the LR shortcut towork on my photo but instead of launching normaly, I had the "Adobe Phtoshop Lightroom 6 Sign In " pop up. Than it directly goes to the Phtoshop Lightroom 6 Trial window. I click on License this software, put my Serial Number (bought in 2017) click on "Next" but instead of going to the next step, it reload the "Adobe Phtoshop Lightroom 6 Sign In " pop up.

Did not try to uninstall the software as I am not sure it will help and not sure I won t loose my catalog.

Any clue, on what happened?

Thanks,

Chris

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling will not lose any of your files, but I am not sure it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, is there a way for me to check with an Adobe Customer Service representant? I have the original mail of the purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was Lightroom 6 installed on the computer you are working with when you purchased it in 2017?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Denis, no it was on a different computer. My lightroom was working fine , I used it on Jan 2nd this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I was away from my computer for a little while so did not follow up on this thread. 

I am still unable to acces lightroom qnd I can t find a way to get intouch with the customer support.

ANy idea, on what I should do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Chris, if you purchased the software in 2017 and activated the application on a computer you would have created an Adobe ID to complete registration and activation process. You user name should be the email address that you used, if you do not remember the login password there is a process to change the password.

That is the first process you need to accomplish. Once you are logged in to your account you should be able activate the new computer.

A couple of things you need to be aware of is you are only allowed to have two computers activated at any point in time. You have to have the computer connected online with Adobe to activate or deactivate a computer.

Your serial number should be recorded in your Adobe account.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ddegannes for your time.

Indeed, I have my adobe ID and password, working both fine, i can go in my profile page an see my original purchase with the serial number and my invoice number.

Before I used to clicl on the desctop Lightroom button and the software was launching fine. Now I have to sign in but when I put my adobe ID and my password, I am directed on the Photoshop Lightroom trial page. I click on the  ''License the software '' button, than put my serial number... than the signing window popup again.

Maybe I will do the trial version and try to put the seriql number in 7 days??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That maybe guiding you to the Latest upgrade i.e. Lightroom Classic the subscription app.

You may not wish to do that. You need to get a download for the latest version of Lightroom 6 which is 6.14. The download is no longer available on the Adobe web site.

The download is still available but I do not have the link on my system hopefully another user can assist.

When you get the installer downloaded and run the install then proceed to enter the license key and activate the app. You will need to be connected to the Adobe web site on the internet and signed in to your Adobe account.

It may be necessary to log on to a chat with Adobe staff for assistance, just indicate you wish to activate Lightroom 6 and not upgrade the current Photography plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Login

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines