Highlighted

LIghtroom 6 - version 6.0 - won't launch - crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I only very rarely use my Lightroom 6 (like I haven't opened it for a couple of years)

Now I need it to convert some RAW files and then to process the JPEGs.

But it won't launch - this was a standalone LR I bought in 2015, not long ago in my world, as I've barely used it, so I expect it to be fully functional just as it was before.

There is ZERO help on Abobe's website but I hear lots of complaints about this issue.

I've done a few checks like preferences reset, deleteing the RAW text file in wherever it was, but nothing working.

What gives?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LIghtroom 6 - version 6.0 - won't launch - crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I only very rarely use my Lightroom 6 (like I haven't opened it for a couple of years)

Now I need it to convert some RAW files and then to process the JPEGs.

But it won't launch - this was a standalone LR I bought in 2015, not long ago in my world, as I've barely used it, so I expect it to be fully functional just as it was before.

There is ZERO help on Abobe's website but I hear lots of complaints about this issue.

I've done a few checks like preferences reset, deleteing the RAW text file in wherever it was, but nothing working.

What gives?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version number of your window operating system?

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your operating system version NUMBER.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

It's Windows 10 Home

Version 1903

OS build 18363.900

That what you need?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any error message at all?

What does happen? How far into the opening of the program do you get?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click the quicklaunch (or launch from the start menu)

The Lightroom "splash page" appears

Then either I get the spinning blue wheel, or nothing but when I click on any part of tha launch screen, I get the (Not Responding) message and must force quit it.

Thanks.

Lightroom.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were 14 updates for Lightroom 6. You seem to be running Lightroom 6.0. I don't know if installing the update will fix anything, but here is the link to the updates. You only need to install 6.14, the last one. It will be all-inclusive and was the last update ever released for your version. Install it if you wish. Whether or not it will fix the problem, I don't know.. Adobe does not support Lightroom 6 anymore. But if you need more assistance you can come back here and there are other users who may be able to help.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-updates-links-windows.html#lightroom 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom_02.JPG

I'm getting this message when I clicked on the last version name 6.14.

Any idea what it means?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashed? So you probaably have a lock file that did not get deleated upon proper closure.

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

and be very very carefull.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it doesn't launch at all I mean, so maybe crashed isn't the correct term.

Not sure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0