• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom 6 for Mac, downloaded from DVD. After upgrading to Big Sur I experience problems. I realize that I may have to subscribe to Lightroom Classic. If I download it from Adobe Creative Cloud, what happens to my photos in the old Lightroom 6 program?

Finn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a very straightforward process. After you install Lightroom Classic and start it, LrC will find the catalog you have been using and will prompt you to upgrade it. Simply allow that to happen. The process will create a new copy of the catalog with the same name, but it will have a -10 added to the end of the name. Then Lightroom Classic will continue and you should be able to continue working right where you left off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your photos were NEVER in Lightroom 6. They were always stored on one of your hard disks. So, nothing happens to them when you upgrade to Lightroom Classic.

As explained by @JP Hess , you do have to upgrade the catalog so that it will work in Lightroom Classic. The catalog is where your work (edits, user provided metadata, etc.) is stored. Your photos are untouched by this process, as they are not in Lightroom 6 and they are not in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines