Lightroom 8.1 super slow with Large images from Nikon D850 on super fast iMac

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I have this iMac below

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 4.00.04 PM.png

and the latest Lightroom and when I use the adjustment brush to select areas for the adjustment it goes super slow. What is going on, is Adobe going to fix this issue please?

I have the fastest iMac you can buy and with all the upgrades as you can see. Can someone help me please as this is slowing down my workflow massively?

Do I have to learn another editing software as this one won't work with large images?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the fastest iMac you can buy and with all the upgrades as you can see.

Any reason that you haven't yet updated your Mac to Mojave 10.14.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Not really, but are you using the same set up with Mojave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Air with Mojave here but I rarely do any adjustment brush work in Lightroom.

As dj_paige says, there is a known speed issue on 4K+ monitors. I don't know any workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using adjustment brush on 4K or larger screens is a known problem. I don't think there is a good solution with Lightroom.

Also, you are not talking to Adobe in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks, So what do you suggest please?

And how do I get Adobe to respond to this and let us know what they are doing to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report the issue here

Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

But don't expect any feedback from Adobe on what they're doing to fix it. They rarely if ever publicly acknowledge issues like this. They just issue periodic updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I suggest? Do the brushing and other local adjustments in Photoshop. Or use a 1920x1080 monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three things to try

1. Improve performance in Library Module by adjusting /catalog settings,/File handeling/Standard Preview Size/ to something smaller, say 2K size. This will not help in the Develop Module. As to Preview qualtiy? play with that and see.

https://photofocus.com/2018/11/16/speed-up-your-lightroom-classic-catalog-on-fusion-drive-macs/

2. Improve pefrormance in Develop Module by not using a full screen. Yes, I know you have a 5K why can't you take advantage. This is a workaround, not a fix. And I have not seen a lot of feedback on these.

3. Now, I do not know if this will work, and it is even more of a kludge that the above. Might solve nothing. but consider loading Lightroom in Low Resolution Mode:Using a Retina display - Apple Support

4. And quite frankly, tell Adobe what you think at the link John Waller provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have adobe done anything about this yet? I still can't work properly, this is crazy! so so Slow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answers given earlier in this thread still apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines