• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom 8.2 automatically closes

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just when i thought that lightroom 8.2 couldn't get any worse, this abomination of software now began to close automatically after a few minutes of use without any crash or error message or any other advise. it simply closes. it's pathetic.

i have all my payments done until the end of the year (even though 90% of the time i'm unable to use this bugged trash), i'm not using any demo, it's the normal full software. why lightroom closes automatically? lightroom was great from v1 to v6, i never used v7, but v8 has always been horrendous. in 30 years using windows systems i never saw such a bugged software. everyday is a pain working with this thing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring up your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app. Note if you are signed in or not.

If if you are not signed in, how long ago since you were?

If if you are signed in, then sign out.

Now sign in. pay attention foe any error messages.

Does LR work now?

If not, bring up Adobe.com, sign in , and enter the manage your account area, inspect your license status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was still signed in (in fact against my will).

i think i'm signed in since January.

i signed out and didn't get any error message, i sign in again and i'm going to start to work now.

i also checked my adobe account and it seems to be all ok there.

i hope it works. i'll inform later. thanks for the tips

btw... since i started to have all my problems with LR after i bought the CC plan, i believe that the creative cloud is the real problem. i only want to use LR, i'm on a metered connection and i will never use the creative cloud. i'd really love to completely remove the creative cloud and keep only the LR installed. how can i do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe really should have called "Sign In" as "Activate" and "Sign Out" as "De-activate".

If you do not 'Sign In' then the software will eventually cease to work fully. This is how Adobe control the user licensing of their product. Activate and deactivate Adobe products

Lightroom-Classic is Desktop software. You do not need to use the creative cloud for anything with two exceptions-

1) Install the software using the Desktop App

2) Activate the software ("Sign In")

Yet it can provide so much more!

And if Lightroom is totally shutting down at random then you have a hardware malfunction somewhere, or an OS incompatibility.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running in Windows 10 and I'm sure that I paid for a Windows version. at least I hope so.

The thing worked well in the last 5 hours. I hope it lasts, but LR 8.2 is so unstable that we never know.

anyway... I bought my actual working laptop about 1 year ago, and I worked with LR 6 with no problems for more than 8 months, then I updated to v8 and the problems started. I wouldn't mind to return to LR 6 since I never enjoyed LR 8, unfortunately I never found a safe way to convert my catalog back to version 6. this is another horrible thing about adobe. in all other software I work, I'm able to save files compatible with previous versions of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the conversion occurred, a new catalog would have been created, and the old one left alone, lightroom would not have deleted it. New catalog would have similar name (with sequence number added)

LR 6 should be able to open the older catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulgi  wrote

I'm running in Windows 10 and I'm sure that I paid for a Windows version. at least I hope so.

You can't pay for a Windows version of the software. You simply pay for the software, and then download the proper version (Windows or Mac). If you somehow download the Mac version, it will not run at all on a Windows 10 computer.

The thing worked well in the last 5 hours. I hope it lasts, but LR 8.2 is so unstable that we never know.

Version 8.2 is very stable on my Windows 10 computer.

unfortunately I never found a safe way to convert my catalog back to version 6. this is another horrible thing about adobe. in all other software I work, I'm able to save files compatible with previous versions of the software.

There is no way (safe or not) to convert your Lightroom 8 catalog to a Lightroom 6 catalog. And most other software manufacturer's do the same thing, new versions are released with new features, and you can't go backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

by the way , please accomplish the following.

in lightroom, click on help, click on system information, click on copy, paste into reply. this will show us several bits of system information, that might lead the members into inquiring about any possible OS issues, GPU issues, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines