• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 8.3.1 tethering Perplexation..

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Lightroom version 8.3.1   We are tethering multiple cameras and it’s working famously. Each camera is identified in the drop-down. The problem is both of these cameras are Nikon D810. They have different serial numbers but they’re the same model.    The drop-down shows 2D 8 10 cameras but when we fire the first camera receive the capture, then drop down to the next camera it continues firing the previous camera.    This is the problem, my gut tells me it’s because they’re both the same model camera so is there way in light room to uniquely identify or rename the camera. Or can we rename the cameras On the camera. Please advise.

image.png

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

That does not sound like a typical experience, could you please try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps?

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

What operating system are you working with?

If you plug in each camera by itself, do they both work tethered?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't even aware you could tether 2 cameras at one time using Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in the original post when we have two cameras tethered the cameras are recognized by light room each camera you can see in the drop-down. However both these cameras are D810 Nikon

Another person on this forum recommended we go into the windows  auto play control panel  and disable it. We did this and it was still only firing the one camera. We then disconnected one of the Nikon D810  cameras replacing it with a Nikon D8 50, then it was working just fine. Each camera showed up in the drop-down and we able to fire them independently while tethered.  There in lies  the problem. Does anyone on this forum know how to identify the cameras manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said in the original post when we have two cameras tethered the cameras are recognized by light room each camera you can see in the drop-down. However both these cameras are D810 Nikon

Another person on this forum recommended we go into the windows  auto play control panel  and disable it. We did this and it was still only firing the one camera. We then disconnected one of the Nikon D810  cameras replacing it with a Nikon D8 50, then it was working just fine. Each camera showed up in the drop-down and we able to fire them independently while tethered.  There in lies  the problem. Does anyone on this forum know how to identify the cameras manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Bob Somrak​  I have never read of tethering two cameras concurrently. ('Help' references do not mention it)

Your question might be better considered at-  Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

or Sahil might pass your question on to Adobe 'Engineers'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines