Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 8.3 very slow to sync develop settings

Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have upgraded to 8.3 about a week ago. Sometimes I use to sync develop settings to a big number of pictures and it worked fast, like less than 3-5 seconds to sync let's say 300 pictures. Now, under 8.3 it takes about 10 minutes to sync pretty much the same no. Moreover, at this stage I cannot even work on other images during sync.

Is there any settings I miss, or just rolling back to 8.2.1 is the right option?

Macbook Pro 2018 13" 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD

Thanks,

Adrian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic 8.3 is taking more time than usual to sync the develop settings for 300 odd images, that's not a typical experience.

I would turn off Auto Sync and instead, copy and paste the settings from one image to 299 images so see whether the operation is any faster, slower or takes the same amount of time?

Are you applying Lens correction to your images? What type of files are you working with? (Raw, Jpeg's)

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

That's exactly what I'm doing, copy settings from one image and apply them to the rest. I'm syncing treatment, tone curve, sharpening and from lens correction only "remove chromatic aberrations". That's the same flow I'm using for decades already, so no difference from what I did in the past.

I'm working with RAW files from Nikon D5 and D750.

Thanks,

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, without any lens correction applied, sync is fast. Anyway, that has to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please optimize the Lightroom catalog by choosing File > Optimize Catalog. Optimizing the catalog instructs Lightroom to examine the data structure of the catalog and make sure that it is succinct.

Let us know if that helps.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines