• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 9.3 is cropping TIFFs and previews on synchronization

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into a frustrating and disturbing problem with Lightroom Classic 9.3. I am running Mac OS Mohave 10.14.6. I created a TIFF and edited it in Photoshop. Lightroom crops the image in Preview which is NOT good because I want to see the whole image (see attached images 01 & 02). Then I cropped my TIFF in Photoshop, and saved it under a new name (see attached image 03). Synchronized the folder to import the second TIFF and not only does it crop the preview, it actually permanently crops the TIFF! Tried restarting LR and Photoshop, restarting my computer, removing the TIFFs from the catalog and then synchronizing again -- nothing works. Note that it looks correct in the Import module (image 04), but then once it imports Lightroom is not only showing me a cropped preview (image 05), it's cropping the image to something I never intended. So when I reopen it in Photoshop, it's cropped (image 06)! I keep Develop Settings for Import set to None and Previews are set to Standard, which you can see in image 04. I've never seen this happen before in all the years I've used Lightroom. I have changed no settings in my Preferences. I have found nothing online that addresses this issue. Six screenshots are attached that show exactly what keeps happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?