• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom adjustment brushes causing Kernel Mode Trap and BSOD

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating Windows 10, When I try to use adjustment brushes in Lightroom my computer crashes - I get the BSOD with the information: Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap. Thinking that the issue may be my PC, I did a clean install of Windows and then of Lightroom. Since I did the clean install - I am now unable to roll back the windows update to a previous version. Any Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Try unchecking the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.

Also, if you have an AMD / ATI graphics chipset, see: Lightroom: Crashing with GPU acceleration on (AMD Radeon driver 17.4.4) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.

Also, if you have an AMD / ATI graphics chipset, see: Lightroom: Crashing with GPU acceleration on (AMD Radeon driver 17.4.4) | Photoshop Family Customer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have done it. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you stopped the crashes.  Did disabling the graphics processor do it, or rolling back an AMD graphics driver to a previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unchecking 'use graphics processor' worked but only temporarily. I have uninstalled a Walcom tablet I was using for editing and the crashes have stopped.

I have not figured out how to reinstall the tablet correctly as of yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer crashes are either a hardware malfunction, or a bad/corrupted/incorrect video driver. Run diagnostics on your computer hardware, make sure all fans are working properly, make sure your video card driver is up-to-date and reinstall to make sure it isn't corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines