Highlighted

Lightroom & Lightroom Classic sync - Can we stop images from downloading to Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My primary workflow is based on Lightroom CC. Switching from my iPad and my mac is really convienient. However, i wanna use Negative Lab Pro, so I use Lightroom Classic for this. 

So i would like to create collections in Lightroom Classic that would be synced et that I could find on CC.

The only problem is that when I turn on Sync on Classic, it syncs and download my 30k photos to my mac. This is definitly not what I want. How can I prevent it from syncing all my catalogue?

Thanks a lot!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom & Lightroom Classic sync - Can we stop images from downloading to Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My primary workflow is based on Lightroom CC. Switching from my iPad and my mac is really convienient. However, i wanna use Negative Lab Pro, so I use Lightroom Classic for this. 

So i would like to create collections in Lightroom Classic that would be synced et that I could find on CC.

The only problem is that when I turn on Sync on Classic, it syncs and download my 30k photos to my mac. This is definitly not what I want. How can I prevent it from syncing all my catalogue?

Thanks a lot!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

With Lightroom Classic we have option to sync the images through collections and we can turn off sync for a particular collection if required. When you import the images in Lightroom and enable the sync in Lightroom Classic, it syncs all the images available in the cloud storage. This is by design and we do not have the option to choose which images get synced neither do we have the option to disable sync from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic while syncing/uploading images from Lightroom Classic to the cloud.  

You can submit a feature to enable selective sync or for an option to disable the sync from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

This forum is monitored directly by our developers. They can check the feasibility of the request and may include it in a future update. They may be able to offer more insights on the matter as well.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nikunj For your reply.

ill submit a feature request. In the meantime, would I be able to let classic download my pictures and delete them manually from the finer once it's done? Or will Lightroom sync them again and again?

thanks a lot

vincent 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
nikunj.m LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent,

You can remove them from the mobile download.lrdata to save space on the machine but the images would then show missing from the Lightroom Catalog. Also, Lightroom may try to re-sync the images to ensure that the number of images in the cloud storage matches the number available locally to Lightroom Classic whenever the sync is re-initiated in future. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0