• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and macbook

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently switched from using an asus laptop to a macbook air.  I had no problems getting Lightroom Classic on the asus but I cant seem to figure out how to get it on my macbook air laptop.  When I go to the app store all I can seem to find in lightroom cloud. I personally do not much care for the cloud version as much as I do the classic. Can anyone tell me how to figure this out, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you going to the Apple Store?

Adobe programs that run on computers as opposed to say an iPAD or an iPhone are not at the AppleStore.

Are you talking about an Adobe subscription plan, or an old, very old now, standalone copy?

EDIT/FOLLOWUP/  I stand corrected, Lightroom is available at the Apple Store, but you still need ACCDA, and Lightroom Classic is not available at the Apple Store (just checked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidg36166309 wrote: Why are you going to the Apple Store?

Adobe programs that run on computers as opposed to say an iPAD or an iPhone are not at the AppleStore.”

That is not completely correct. While it’s true that most Adobe Mac and Windows desktop applications can be installed only through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app, Lightroom is an exception: It’s also available in the Mac App Store, where it is currently the #2 download in the Photo & Video category.

In other words, on a Mac…

• To install Lightroom Classic, first download the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, install that, and install Lightroom Classic from there.
  • To install Lightroom, you have two choices, either do the above steps, or open the Mac App Store and install Lightroom.

So the answer for RWhitfield86 is, if you want to install Lightroom Classic (the local folder based version) and not Lightroom (the cloud-based version), use the first method above. Download the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, install that, and install Lightroom Classic from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ahh, whatever happened to delete

Inersting that Lightroom for computer is back in the Apple Store, think it was, then it was not, obviosly is available again

However, OP wants Classic, and thst link is not classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you mention you do not much like the cloud version, much prefer classic. I aggree, but to the point, makes me think subscription, so, Ok

Go to Adobe and download the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA)

a link: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Install the ACCDA, use it to install your programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you may remember, you can have Lightroom Classic active on up to two computers. You can only run it on one computer at a time, but it can be activated on two.

If the install argues that you already have it activated on two computers, go to Adobe.com, select to Manage your account, select to view your plan, and at the bottom, you can deactivate the old computer you no longer have.

(If you still have that old computer, you could just sign out of ACCDA and that copy would be deactivated, if tou want to keep it on both, fine, just remember two computers max)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few points about ACCDA

It is used to:

Install the various applicaations

Activate the various applications (automatically done when you sign in to ACCDA)

Deactivate the various applications (if you sign out, not only way)

Authenticate your subscription (about every 90 days if yearly oayment)

Update the applications

Add additional goodies from Adobe

One point to make, normally do not sign out, especially do not sign out if you are taking that laptop on a trip without internet. Once you are signed on, if you loose internet, not a oroblem, as long as you do not sign out. Signing out in ACCDA deactivates the prograns, untill you sign back in (and that requires internet) so do not sign out.

One reason to sign out, is if lightroom acts like your license is invalid, a rare activation/accredidation issue often fixed by signing out the signing in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines