• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Photoshop are both showing up dark

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop, the ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo UX581LV, and in Light Room Classic in all modes (library, develop etc.) the thumbnails show up so dark they're almost black. I can still edit photos and export them, but navigating LRC is so slow because I don't know what I'm looking at until I click on the image. Also any image I import into Photoshop is also so dark it's almost black. I've tried disabling the GPU and it didn't do anything. I've downloaded GeForce and made sure I have the most up to date Studio drivers. Premiere and After Effects seem to work fine though. Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably have a defective monitor profile.

As troubleshooting, and as a possible temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB. (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut screen) Do this with Lightroom and Photoshop closed.

If this fixes the issue, calibrating your screen with a hardware calibrator is recommended. This will also create and install a custom monitor profile, that will ensure the display of correct colors.

Press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB (or Adobe RGB) profile, then set it as default.

color-management.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines