Highlighted

Lightroom and the Question mark

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that this subject has been dealt with before but this is a problem for me and might be different. 

I have been careful to make sure my first few 'shoots' were properly loaded into LR using a date system. This is very convenient. However, having used Elements for a long time, I forgot that LR will not let me choose what to import from the memory card when it was used again for another shoot before being reformatted.  

When I realized what was going on I stopped the 'import' process and deleted the duplicated files by using the 'reject' option. Now I get the ? on my Parent and subfolder for the group of images that was almost duplicated. Did the delete process somehow create a disconnect between LR and the hard drive and what will happen if I do not or cannot correct it?

Thanks,

Photodoc16

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom and the Question mark

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that this subject has been dealt with before but this is a problem for me and might be different. 

I have been careful to make sure my first few 'shoots' were properly loaded into LR using a date system. This is very convenient. However, having used Elements for a long time, I forgot that LR will not let me choose what to import from the memory card when it was used again for another shoot before being reformatted.  

When I realized what was going on I stopped the 'import' process and deleted the duplicated files by using the 'reject' option. Now I get the ? on my Parent and subfolder for the group of images that was almost duplicated. Did the delete process somehow create a disconnect between LR and the hard drive and what will happen if I do not or cannot correct it?

Thanks,

Photodoc16

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0