• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom book module text columns

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me firgure out how to use columns in page text in the Book Module?

The option is greyed out, even when text is highlighted.  How can I divide my text into 2 columns?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to highlight the text, and it should even work with an empty text (Photo Description) cell-

Just have the Text Cell selected and set the Columns in the type panel-

Are you sure you have a 'Text' Cell selected?

ScreenShot300.jpg

ScreenShot301.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I'd really like to make a book with Lightroom/Blurb but I'm about to give up. I need columns. They are greyed out no matter what I try. I tried Adobe support and the guy basically refused to help, incomprehensinly saying "I'm just technical support." ????????

As far as I can tell, I have the Cell selected -- it is outlined in yellow. I have chosen text on L page, photo on R. I need to have my descriptions on the L in 2 columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I you are not seeing the Slider to set the Columns then you may have the 'Type' panel collapsed down, like this-

ScreenShot202.jpg

If so, Click on the small spinner triangle (see my cursor in above screen-clip) to show the full size panel with the Column slider-

ScreenShot201.jpg

Then try again- Select a TEXT cell, adjust the slider, or type #n of columns in the box. (Maximum 3).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I can see the panel -- I have it open. The sliders are greyed out and I can't move them to create 2 columns. As I said, I have the cell selected; it is outlined in yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got it figured out. Even though I chose the layout with text page on left and photo on the right, LR didn't give me that. Not sure why that would be. So, I changed the page layout individually -- from photo to text ... and voila! 

It's taken me 2 weeks of searching to figure this out. The confounding question is why, when I contacted support, the person who took control of my computer couldn't have spotted that in 2 seconds and corrected it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines