• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom book module

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom book module. Any help on this would be appreciated! Once I have made a collection from which I want to make a book and then from that collection go into the book module, it is populating with those images as well as images from other collections. It just so happens that the extra images are from collections I have recently made books from. 
    The extra images do not show in the library module of that collection but once taken into the book module, pictures from two other different collections appear in the bottom film strip.

I have been able to reset and clear the extra images. I have been unable to create a completely different collection and start again. I am having the same problem with the same extra images appearing in the film strip when I move into the book module. I have called Adobe support and the young man was unable to help me. What am I missing here?

Again, thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IIRC it is how Lr now works. Until you have created a "Saved Book Collection" the Book module does not 'know' what photos you want for the book so it pulls in all recent photos from books and folders.

I suggest you start a new Book by-
1) selecting one photo,
2) open the Book module from the top 'module picker'  menu,
3) immediately [clear] the book layout (if it auto-filled).
4) immediately [Create a Saved Book] from the tab, with option [Include only used photos]
5) Now return to Library grid mode and add all the photos you want in the book by dragging into the 'Saved Book Collection'. eg. Drag them from your 'standard' Collection.
6) Re-open the Book module only from the 'Saved Book Collection'- NOT the top [Book] module menu! Then you can Auto-fill, or add photos to pages one-by-one.

Note: You can turn off Auto-Fill in the Book Preferences Menu

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines