• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom book module

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Lightroom only have printing with Blurb? Blurb i used it many time. Their quality are preaty good and cheap but they have limited choices. What if i want to create a layout book and send it to different printing office and also i want to change the sizes of the book? Does anyone know how to do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was 2012 when Adobe added the Book & Map modules to Lightroom v4 (probably incorporating the Blurb book design software within Lr).  And along with a large reduction in price it was (IMO) a promotion to sell the product to more users. Unfortunately the Book module is not the major purpose for Lr-Classic so new features are added rarely. Adobe InDesign would be the software for 'serious' book design work.

To your questions- You can export a PDF (or export JPGs) to be printed by other book printshops.

The available Book Sizes are fixed in Lr, but note that the Book: PDF & JPG, Book size formats have a couple more size options.

Requests to allow a larger choice of Page sizes have repeated frequently over recent years.

Custom templates was the last major update for the Book module- BOOK UPDATES in v7.5 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines