• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Book Module

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to share customised page layouts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean By Share. But I don't think so. I don't use the Book module at all but is there an Option to Create a Preset in that module?

If there is you might be able to use that to share it with someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made some page layouts which others like.  So, I'd like to share them with others as they take a consider amount of time to create.  I don't think there's a preset though.  Perhaps someone who  knows the Book Module well can comment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find the Custom Page templates anywhere I have looked in the Lightroom folders with (Windows-10) file browser. They seem to be only 'saved' in the .LRCAT catalog file, somehow.

I did try Exporting a Saved Book Collection AS A CATALOG, and the exported Catalog opened with my Custom pages intact.

So, maybe, sharing a Catalog (with the Book & Custom Pages) might be a work-around. You might only need one 'dummy' photo in the Book to Export as a Catalog. The share recipient would then [Import from another Catalog] to merge your Book & Custom templates.

ScreenShot045.jpg

Be aware also that Custom Page templates are specific to a book Page 'Size'. So an 8x10" book will not show custom templates created in a 12x12" book.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was thinking the same thing as WobertC above. Saving your Book Layout, with No images included. But as WolbertC stated that layout seems to save only in the LRCAT file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines