• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom bug - scaling between two displays of different resolution

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have an surface book 2 (3000 x 2000 resolution) with a secondary screen connected (1920 x 1200) over the docking station.

For my first screen (surface book 2) , I have the option in Windows 10 that the size of text, apps and other items is shown as 200% (recommended) , on my secondary screen with the lower resolution i have this option at 100 % (also recommended for that screen).

- When I move lightroom from the one screen to other I have restart lightroom that the scaling works fine. (from surface book to external screen and vice versa)

- Afterwards everything is looking fine on the external screen except all the menus on the top (File,Edit,Print....)which stay really big.

This seems to be a bug in lightroom because with photoshop and all other programs everything is working without any problem......

Please correct this Adobe!!!!

Thanks a lot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise I have a surface book 2 (3000 x 2000 resolution) with a secondary screen connected, although mine is 3440 x 1440.  Set to recommended scaling of 200% on surface book and and 100% on external, same as yours.  When I drag Lightroom up to the large 34" Dell display, it displays everything ridiculously large.  Best I can make out it is everthing is double the height  or 200% of what it should be.  So I can only fit 1/4 of what I should be able onto the screen. Only other adobe app currently installed is Acrobat and it scales perfectly to match the rest of the fonts on other apps open on the external display.  So must be related to how Lightroom and the Surface book 2 Graphics setup are working.

If I open LR on my old SurfacePro3 it scales perfectly between the two screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just Lightroom.  I have the same issue in DreamWeaver, all the different menus are abnormally big and it has been an issue for awhile now.  I just updated all the Adobe apps I use to the newest versions hoping this would be something that would be fixed, but it was not.

Photoshop and some others seem to be fine, but it's funny, Illustrator is good for the most part, each drop down menu along the top is sized correctly until you come across "Effect".  I can click on any other menu item and the size is appropriate, but when I click on Effect all the sudden the drop down menu becomes huge as all the menus do in DreamWeaver.  They missed a spot.  But, if they already have all the other menus looking good in Illustrator, how hard can it be to apply that to Lightroom and DreamWeaver?

I've just been dealing with it for the past year or two now, however, it still bothers me every time I have to open up DreamWeaver.  I would really, really, love for Adobe to fix this already.  Please and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Google and search on something like

dual display problems windows 10 surface book 2

Lots of discussion about up to date on Windows updates, and drivers for GPU, etc, and firmware (for dock???)

Also some direction on setting up dual monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Surface Book 2 15" shows the problem even when runing without the second or third screen. Only when scaling is set to 100% does the scalling look uniform, while useless due to the small size of everything. Using the recommended resolution (3240x2160) and scaling (200%) top menu looks like this:

lightroom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone else who lands here from google:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/display-issues-with-external-monitors.34038/

provides a solution for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - very helpful crosslink and thanks to Win at lightroomqueen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  And thanks to Win at lightroomqueen forum.
I had same problem on new Windows 11 laptop, and changing the Lightroom Properties worked for me.

(And this is 2023, five years after this discussion began!   😞   ) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines